Videos of ace snow plowing - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Videos of ace snow plowing

This is a discussion on Videos of ace snow plowing within the ACE Pictures/Videos forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; I didn't even try to bust through the berm in front of the neighbors' driveways after the plow came through. I got the fellow at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Videos of ace snow plowing

is If I'm not out on the ACE, I
    wanna be...

Member #
    I didn't even try to bust through the berm in front of the neighbors' driveways after the plow came through. I got the fellow at the end of the street to use his Kubota tractor to shovel the berm out and then I could plow uphill on one side, and downhill on the other and get it done!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes waiting for the snow to stop on a big dumper 10+ inches is likely to give the Ace problems pushing it, I know my garden tractor which weighs more than the Ace would have trouble pushing that much at one time, especially doing multiple passes, the weight of the snow your trying to displace added with the slippage of the wheels just wont allow it. With lighter machines on big snows one needs to go out more than once or and I do this with the garden tractor, Mount the blower! end of problem! Now the utility tractor is considerably much heavier and I have yet to find any storm or plow berm that will stop that from relocating a 6ft swath to anyplace desired.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by js5020 View Post
    LoL,,,,, well almost. The concept is there but I think its lacking as far as actually working. I was thinking more on a 48" blower with wings to extend the gathering area to 52 or 54 inches with a 16hp engine, all electric controls to spin the chute and position the deflector,,, oh and minimum blowing distance of 20ft.
    I know that would be optimal but they are very pricey. i managed to throw this together in my garage in a week and it only cost me around 200 dollars. This is just me having fun, it definately needs to be wider, have more then a 5 horse on it and 2 stage would be better as well. its still in stages of development but that was a first test then we ran outta snow. If it works good i can always upgrade to a bigger motor or better blower, or etc... It was also intended for off road blowing it is 2 inches of the ground so i can take it up north with me and get into the driveway at the cottage which isnt paved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrossiar View Post
    I know that would be optimal but they are very pricey. i managed to throw this together in my garage in a week and it only cost me around 200 dollars. This is just me having fun, it definately needs to be wider, have more then a 5 horse on it and 2 stage would be better as well. its still in stages of development but that was a first test then we ran outta snow. If it works good i can always upgrade to a bigger motor or better blower, or etc... It was also intended for off road blowing it is 2 inches of the ground so i can take it up north with me and get into the driveway at the cottage which isnt paved.
    Ahh yes your doing the tough part,, research and development and you have a working prototype, now you can work the kinks out and add the fancy stuff. I have a single stage and a two stage blower, both work pretty well and a single stage is so so simple. One thing, or should I say problem with older blowers that have seen a lot of use is the fan on a two stage or on a single the throwing area on the auger tend to wear and really decreases the throwing distance and you start getting a lot of plugging. There is a fix for this, and its way cheap. It basically involves bolting some rubber belting to the fan on a two stage or the single stage auger which tightens things up in the throwing area and gives a more like it was new performance. Great job on getting it working and posting the video, keep us updated!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by js5020 View Post
    Ahh yes your doing the tough part,, research and development and you have a working prototype, now you can work the kinks out and add the fancy stuff. I have a single stage and a two stage blower, both work pretty well and a single stage is so so simple. One thing, or should I say problem with older blowers that have seen a lot of use is the fan on a two stage or on a single the throwing area on the auger tend to wear and really decreases the throwing distance and you start getting a lot of plugging. There is a fix for this, and its way cheap. It basically involves bolting some rubber belting to the fan on a two stage or the single stage auger which tightens things up in the throwing area and gives a more like it was new performance. Great job on getting it working and posting the video, keep us updated!
    Thanx and yes just a prototype for now lol. I actually have recently added a small piece of truck mudflap to the end of each paddle but we dont have enough snow yet to test it out. That was the first test without mud flap in between and i was recording to send to a buddy so i didnt want to push it too hard and have something break and embarrass myself lol,i will post another vid if i ever get to use it again.

This user has no status.

Member #
    What up in the Great White North and never get to use it again? You better get busy now cause you probably got the attention of the snow gods and they will certainly send an abundance!

Heres one that I like,,,

Single stage outfit but looks to work well and has no caster wheels/lifting assembly to hang up on.
    Jrossiar likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I got up this morning to about 9" of the really wet heavy stuff and plowed through it like a champ. Other than the fact that I do not have a good place to push it due to the driveway layout it took some time and multiple passes but I was able to clear both of my driveways about 80' 2 cars wide and 100' 3 cars wide in about 1 hour. Got some 5 to 6' high piles. I did notice a little bit of slip twice when I had a full blade and it was rolling over top of the plow. I just got out of it and took a smaller bite. Worked like a charm.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a question for you guys that plow concrete or asphalt. Do you guys remove the glide pads and just let the ware bar lay right on the surface to remove ALL snow or do you leave the glide pads on and leave a thin layer of snow on the surface? With my old system I would remove the glide pads when doing my concrete and never really say an issue, but with the new glacier pro plow I noticed after doing this twice that the ware bar seams to be warring differently.
    2014 ACE (new to me Dec 2015)
    Polaris Front Brush Guard
    Polaris Rear Brush Guard
    Polaris 2500HD Winch
    Polaris Glacier Pro Plow 52"
    Polaris Shifter Integrated Winch Controls
    Polaris Overhead Storage Bag
    Koplin Side Mirrors
    UTV Giant Doors
    EMP Half Front Windshield
    EMP Rear Windshield
    Moose Utility Roof
    Desertcraft Suspension Seat Brackets
    Pro Armour Fire Extinguisher

This user has no status.

Member #
    Wear bar only.
    cride1 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^^ I mostly plow on gravel and generally don't bother with the skid shoes. Its more worth it to have a nice clean scrape than have to go back and clean up leftovers.
    2015 Ace 570 "Big Blue"
    2001 Honda Recon ES 250
    2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X 6-Speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links