starter brake switch by-pass mod how-to!
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on starter brake switch by-pass mod how-to! within the ACE How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; This mod will allow you to start your ace with-out applying the brake pedal and still allow the brake lights to function normally. There have ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By polarbear
  • 2 Post By M-Spec
  • 1 Post By MOUNTAIN MICKEY
  • 1 Post By MaxximusDesimus

Thread: starter brake switch by-pass mod how-to!

is Trying to keep the rubber side
    down!

Member #

This mod will allow you to start your ace with-out applying the brake pedal and still allow the brake lights to function normally. There have been cases of brake switch failure causing no brake lights and no-start conditions, doing this mod will allow you to start your machine even if the brake switch or wiring to the switch fails. If you do this mod, remember that the machine may move unintentionally if started in gear or neutral! I always found it annoying to have to climb in to my machine and step on the brake to start it then climb out and let it warm-up while I got ready to ride. Now I can just reach in and start it. First step is to remove the left side rocker panel to access the starter solenoid. Locate the 2 wire connector going to the solenoid(the wires going to this connector are green/white and the other is orange).Note: these wires are a different color on the solenoid side of the connector. The wire you are looking for is the orange one(or blue on the solenoid side of the connector). Cut the blue wire(or orange) and allow enough wire length on the solenoid side to attach a length of wire to. Locate the ground stud on the frame(it is in the same area as the starter solenoid and voltage regulator). Attach the wire you joined to the orange(or blue) solenoid wire to the ground stud. Make sure your machine is in park and turn the key to start position,it should start! I cut the blue wire right at the connector and used liquid electrical tape on the cut end to seal out moisture. I used a heat-shrink connector and also a ring type connector on the wire I made to the ground stud from the solenoid. All connections at the ground stud were coated in water-proof grease to seal out moisture. You could also wire in a switch to this ground wire to use as a anti-theft device if you wanted to. You should also dis-connect the vehicle's battery before doing any electrical repairs!Name:  004.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  3.18 MBName:  005.JPG
Views: 820
Size:  2.93 MBName:  006.JPG
Views: 1001
Size:  3.08 MBName:  007.JPG
Views: 921
Size:  3.12 MBName:  008.JPG
Views: 816
Size:  3.06 MBName:  009.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  3.03 MB
    '15 voodoo blue 570,factory full doors,roof,rear storage box,2500lb. winch,rear sway bar removed,ace 900 rear springs,custom seat mods,custom suspension bushings,27" maxxis zilla tires,itp delta steel wheels,factory front and rear brush guards,custom radiator guard,factory fender flares,custom exhaust,dobeck ejk fuel controller,fiamm "freeway blaster"horn,other stuff!

is Ready for some muddin action

Member #
    Looks like a good Mod as long as you remember to leave it in park but I've started my Ace in gear before and it will not go any where unless you rev it a bit. Def will make it more convenient with my hand control setup.
    polarbear and Vandal like this.
    2015 570SP
    STI HD beadlocks
    Interco Reptile radials
    SATV 1.5" forward A-arms
    Warn HD 2500 winch
    Polaris extreme front bumper
    EZ-Steer RZR 800S EPS
    Custom quick steering
    DFR 3" racing harness
    DFR quick release hub
    Custom half windshield
    Custom alum roof
    Garmin GPS
    Motobatt 30 AH battery

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks polarbear. Will do this for sure for exactly the same reason.
    polarbear likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Did not work on 2016 900 . Blue wire has power coming to solenoid to trigger it when cranking . So if you ground it nothing will happen . I'm thinking something can be done at brake switch to bypass it .Need to get a hold of a wiring diagram .

This user has no status.

Member #
    Great mod, thanks for posting polarbear! Quick question...I'd like to install a switch for when the small nieces/nephews are around. Does the switch connect in between the cut solenoid wires or does the cut solenoid wire need to be grounded on frame with switch connected in between ground and solenoid?

Correct me if wrong but goes, cut solenoid wire--> switch --> ground? Thanks!
    Last edited by MaxximusDesimus; 05-09-2017 at 04:43 AM.
    polarbear likes this.

is Trying to keep the rubber side
    down!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxximusDesimus View Post
    Great mod, thanks for posting polarbear! Quick question...I'd like to install a switch for when the small nieces/nephews are around. Does the switch connect in between the cut solenoid wires or does the cut solenoid wire need to be grounded on frame with switch connected in between ground and solenoid?

Correct me if wrong but goes, cut solenoid wire--> switch --> ground? Thanks!
    Install switch between the ground and cut wire going to solenoid (the blue wire in my pics)
    '15 voodoo blue 570,factory full doors,roof,rear storage box,2500lb. winch,rear sway bar removed,ace 900 rear springs,custom seat mods,custom suspension bushings,27" maxxis zilla tires,itp delta steel wheels,factory front and rear brush guards,custom radiator guard,factory fender flares,custom exhaust,dobeck ejk fuel controller,fiamm "freeway blaster"horn,other stuff!

Sponsored Links