Need info on lift install
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Need info on lift install within the ACE How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Hey I ordered a 2 inch lift today from Super ATV for my 2015 570. I have read here some have used a spring compressor ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SuperATV
  • 1 Post By rockman
  • 1 Post By stainlessman
  • 1 Post By UPfreebird
  • 1 Post By SuperATV

Thread: Need info on lift install

This user has no status.

Member #

Hey I ordered a 2 inch lift today from Super ATV for my 2015 570. I have read here some have used a spring compressor and some have not for the install. Do I need to get one? If so do you think an automotive one will work (thinking of loaner one at auto parts store) or will I need a smaller one for motorcycles. Are there any other tips that can be provided before I start on this? Thanks!
    2015 Ace570SP
    2017 Honda Pioneer 500
    2018 Polaris Sportsman 570

This user has no status.

Member #
    Have never installed a lift so no help here. Be patient and hopefully someone will give some advice soon. If not try a google search and a YouTube search. Good luck.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Did ya need that tool to install your 2" SuperATV Lift?
    Please let me know as I plan on ordering a lift kit from there as well,.. and I also do not have the tool.
    16' ACE 900 SP

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member
    is an Online Super Store

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin Ace View Post
    Hey I ordered a 2 inch lift today from Super ATV for my 2015 570. I have read here some have used a spring compressor and some have not for the install. Do I need to get one? If so do you think an automotive one will work (thinking of loaner one at auto parts store) or will I need a smaller one for motorcycles. Are there any other tips that can be provided before I start on this? Thanks!
    You don't have to have one, but I HIGHLY recommend it. Its soooo much easier to rent one from NAPA or another auto parts store. You can do the ratchet strap method, (we have an instructional video on youtube), but it always scares the crap out of me. I've done it twice and its a little intimidating when you have to pop that ratchet strap open. My .02, rent the spring compressor. Its cheap and easy. Again, that's just me personally... -Erik the forum guy from SuperATV.
    UPfreebird likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have used the ratchet straps for a few years and had no problems except for a gash in my right hand that required 6 stitches.
    That was my fault for being in a hurry.
    Just make sure you think things through and keep you hands away from the locking slots on the pivots when you release them.
    Or just rent a spring compressor.
    SuperATV likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperATV View Post
    You don't have to have one, but I HIGHLY recommend it. Its soooo much easier to rent one from NAPA or another auto parts store. You can do the ratchet strap method, (we have an instructional video on youtube), but it always scares the crap out of me. I've done it twice and its a little intimidating when you have to pop that ratchet strap open. My .02, rent the spring compressor. Its cheap and easy. Again, that's just me personally... -Erik the forum guy from SuperATV.
    Erik please post a link to the Polaris Ace SuperATV lift install for folks like me that couldn't find it. I have lots of SuperATV stuff on my Polaris Ranger, Great Products.
    SuperATV likes this.

is looking for mud!

Member #
    I'm not Erik,.. but my google finger works just fine.

https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file...roduct_id/826/
    SuperATV likes this.
    16' ACE 900 SP

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member
    is an Online Super Store

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Erik please post a link to the Polaris Ace SuperATV lift install for folks like me that couldn't find it. I have lots of SuperATV stuff on my Polaris Ranger, Great Products.
    Here's a link to the instructions: https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file...roduct_id/826/
    Here's a link to the ratchet strap instructional video:
    - Remember...I'd still highly recommend renting a spring compressor over using the ratchet strap method.
    UPfreebird likes this.

Sponsored Links