Wheel Bearings
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Wheel Bearings

This is a discussion on Wheel Bearings within the ACE How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Have any of you had to replace your wheel bearings yet and if so where did you purchase them and how difficult are they to ...

Thread: Wheel Bearings

This user has no status.

Member #

Wheel Bearings

Have any of you had to replace your wheel bearings yet and if so where did you purchase them and how difficult are they to change. I was told that my right front wheel bearings are wearing out. Im guessing from the rough terrain I drive it on. I'm not sure how many hours are on it, I'm at work, but I know I've changed the oil 4 times so far. I also just had to have the toe in/toe out adjusted as I let a friend drive it and she hit something pushing my wheel out and busting the belts in my brand new tire...lesson learned Please let me know if any of you have had any experience with the wheel bearings yet though.

Thanks, Mindy

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    I've replaced wheel bearings in a RZR which has a similar hub setup (although it does not have struts).
    The wheel bearings have to be pressed out of the hubstrut assembly, and new ones pressed in. This requires a hefty hydraulic press.

People will tell you that you can do it yourself with a sledgehammer and a large socket, but you can damage stuff that way - most notably the $300 hubstrut assembly or the new wheel bearings. Also the new bearings might not show any damage after beating them into place, but the damage is invisible and they'll wear out fast.

There are aftermarket vendors that will sell wheel bearings, but after doing a significant amount of research on this with my RZR, I ended up buying the OEM wheel bearings. I bought aftermarket bushings, tie rod ends, and ball joints when I re-did the RZR suspension stuff - but for the wheel bearings I left it stock.

So my suggestion is that you either take it to a dealer and ask them to buy the wheel bearings and install them for you, or buy the OEM wheel bearings anywhere you like, take the hubstruts off, take them to any machine shop (or your dealer) and ask them to press the old ones out and the new ones in. This is a quick operation, shouldn't cost more than $20 each if you bring them the loose parts. Don't let anyone jack you for much more than that.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks Scoundrel...will be taking it to the dealer to have done

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    You all should do yourself a favor and buy those bearing greasers. A manual grease gun will take about 15 to 20 pumps to fill a new bearing full of grease. I got my rear wheel bearings from All Balls bearings. They are hard to get out but with alittle molly on the out side of the new bearing they slide right in. I had a 1000 miles on my rear bearings and they were shot. No grease! They take a 35 MM greaser in the front and a 40 MM in the back. Well worth the money of about $30 to $60. Ebay has them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I purchased a set from EBay from a guy that make them himself. Very cheep around $10-$12. Here is my post I made when I purchased mine. https://www.aceforums.net/forum/18-a...-greasers.html
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

Sponsored Links