Adding oil to your ACE
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Adding oil to your ACE

This is a discussion on Adding oil to your ACE within the ACE How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Does anyone else have a problem with reading exactly where the oil mark is on your dipstick? Even on level ground I find it really ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Insanefreighttrain

Thread: Adding oil to your ACE

This user has no status.

Member #

Adding oil to your ACE

Does anyone else have a problem with reading exactly where the oil mark is on your dipstick? Even on level ground I find it really difficult to see just where the oil level is on my dip stick (especially with fresh, clean oil). I solved the problem by using cloth tape. I had a roll of cloth medical tape, about 3/4 in wide in my medicine cabinet. After cleaning my dip stick really good, I cut a piece of the cloth tape and wrapped it around the area from the full to just below the add line, then screwed the dip stick back in and checked the oil level. The oil shows up well on the tape, even when it's clean oil, and the add oil hole is large enough that the tape doesn't get contaminated on the sides as it's being screwed back in, so you get a true reading. Naturally you don't leave the tape on the dip stick, remove it as soon as you check your oil level.

I hope some of you find this as helpful as I did.

Stan
    UNI filter, clutch kit, 2" lift, HMF Swamp Series slip on muffler, Power Commander, Auto Tune, Dyno Tune.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Clever idea its a pain in the neck to see the oil level on the dip stick at times .The colour of the stick compounds the problem too they might as well asked a team to design a dipstick that's engine oil colour just to make it really difficult.. Be handy if it had an oil sight glass in the crank case I know they have their own set of problems but they generally work. Our farm two wheelers have them and its simple as falling off a rock to check the level at prestart. Thanks for sharing.
    crappie likes this.

Sponsored Links