Minor things to save $ on repairs - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Minor things to save $ on repairs

This is a discussion on Minor things to save $ on repairs within the ACE How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; One more thing that is important in chainsaws, and most small engines atv's and older vehicles, is try never to use ethanol mixed gas in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Minor things to save $ on repairs

ROD
    This user has no status.

Member #
    One more thing that is important in chainsaws, and most small engines atv's and older vehicles, is try never to use ethanol mixed gas in them at all. For those that do not know ethanol is corn based additive might as well be putting 10% corn syrup in your fuel. it gums up valves and really messes everything up quite a bit. One thing about it now days they add corn syrup in every thing you eat and drink as a filler. its not to healthy to eat either. I am not sure for those folks living in a city setting if real gas is hard to come by or not. Out here in the sticks where I am from all gas stations make sure every one knows they do not put ethanol in their fuels. I can not think of any additive to prevent the side effects of ethanol fuels. So if any one knows it would be a good tip to give out..

On another note for city folk if all your quick stops and gas stations are 10% ethanol fuels there are a couple places to still get the real good stuff. If any one is interested we can discuss it on down the line.

ROD
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Today I figured I should throw a tire tip in.

Most folks get the standard plain metal rim with 2 ply tires. They are really not bad at all good tread and things,however they are prone to getting flats easily. I have learned over many tire repairs that on the stock tires it would be wise to put some sort of flat guard in them before you take out your machine to often. We only use Ameri seal at my store because its base is made of antifreeze and has bits of rubber in it and can stop a leak the size of a pencil lead, and it is non corrosive, and will not freeze.

From experience I can warn you against using the green slime stuff. it eats through steel rims and softens the inside rubber of the tire weakening it as well as eats through the valve stem on the inside of the rim. It is terrible stuff that in the long run causes more trouble and expense than its worth.

Note: I have never had it eat through the aluminum rims just the steel ones, but no matter it plays hell on the rubber also.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Cheap cycle parts is showing better prices on accessories. The cargo box is 204.99. The dealer price is 249.99. Every accessory I priced was cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    How are they on shipping, and are they charging sales tax if you're not in their state?
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Not sure didn't check

Using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    For me in ohio shipping was only 14.70 no tax

Using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    Total 219.69 . That's a big savings over 250.00 plus tax

Using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    Cool. That works out then. Some places are crazy on shipping, especially big items, and the government is trying to close the "internet orders - out of state - no sales tax" loophole because they're losing out on too much tax revenue.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Did you try your Dealer because mine will give 20% off all parts and accessories .....that box would be $200 plus sales tax ...a few bucks cheaper and I can just pick it up from them when it comes in. Just a thought!

is In the mood to build more ACE
    custom accessories.

Member #
    Very informative thanks ROD and Scoundrel. Excited that ROD is a tech, might have questions for you buddy (once I mess things up).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links