Trailer + loading Ace sideways
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Trailer + loading Ace sideways within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Hi everyone. So I've had my Ace 900 since 2016. Have loved every minute of it. But been thinking about adding a RZR 1000xp to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bigmac

Thread: Trailer + loading Ace sideways

is wanting her fix of sand!

Member #

Hi everyone. So I've had my Ace 900 since 2016. Have loved every minute of it. But been thinking about adding a RZR 1000xp to my fleet. I'm tempted to keep my Ace incase we ever want to go on smaller trails (my riding buddy rides a quad) plus just to have an extra machine for when we go out to Moab or other places. My only issue on wanting to keep it is towing. My truck is a Toyota Tundra so plenty of towing power. The rzr and the ace straight on are around 18.something feet which would be a 20 foot trailer which is a bit longer than I'd like to get, so thought about loading the Ace on sideways which puts it right under 14 feet so been looking around for a 16 foot trailer that's 8 feet wide. My only problem is, all trailer that I see that allow side loading do so in the front of the trailer, but to my understanding you want to put the heavier load towards the front which would be the RZR. So any tips on trying to get an Ace loaded sideways, or trailer recommendations. TIA

is looking for mud!

Member #
    You are going to have to modify your trailer to accept what you are looking for.
    I would not recommend loading the Ace sideways on your trailer.
    If you have added front or rear bumpers,.. you may be over the legal width limit of 101"

I have a 14' trailer and have successfully loaded a RZR 800 and a Commander 1000 on it.
    The front of my trailer is modified. No longer is it straight,.. but it is cut and re-welded on a 45° angle.
    I also have a roller bar added to the front for the undercarriage (of whatever you are loading) to help slide the machine.
    So what I do is drive the first machine onto the trailer,.. then up and over the front rail,.. so that my front tires hang off the front.
    Then drive the second machine onto the trailer.
    2 machines fit.
    Drove from MI to Arizona like that and back. Zero issues.
    I will see if I can find a picture and upload it later to show ya.
    16' ACE 900 SP

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Here is a pic I had on my phone.
    This DOES NOT show the Ace over the front of the trailer.
    But you can see the Angle on the front,.. the roller bar,.. and the grip tracks that the wheel rides on.
    So what I do is drive the front wheels over the railing.
    The rear wheels will sit on those fabric grip rails that is screwed into the wood.
    And then the 2nd sxs sits on the back half.

It's a lot to put on this small landscaping trailer,.. but it is also effective and I've never had any issues loading or unloading.

2 sxs's can fit on this trailer.

Name:  66183446_2436479366582523_672919365514952704_n.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  191.6 KB
    16' ACE 900 SP

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Close up on the front of the trailer.
    Name:  66183446_2436479366582523_672919365514952704_n.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  70.2 KB
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 20’ trailer. I carry my sons’ Sportsman and my wife’s Ace 570 sideways, and my General long ways on the back. My trailer is a car hauler with an open deck. No side rails anywhere. I mounted d-rings to the trailer floor and use tire bonnets to secure the machines. Towed them from Oklahoma to the mountains of Colorado and back with no issues of any kind. The tire bonnets seem to be bulletproof. The machines never move. With the 20’ trailer, I have a 9’ open space between the front of the fender well and the front of the trailer. Just enough space to get the two machines on sideways. The Ace has front and rear bumpers and does not stick out in any way over the sides of the trailer. I say there is no reason to NOT do it.
    rockman and UPfreebird like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You will be fine loading the Ace in the front. With it loaded across you will have 800+ pounds on four feet of deck which will be better for weight distribution than loading it in the back.
    My 570 with Polaris bumpers front and rear is 95" long.
    Last edited by rockman; 07-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Sponsored Links