Still hard to get into gear - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Still hard to get into gear

This is a discussion on Still hard to get into gear within the ACE Engine and Drivetrain forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Good information! I too would like to know how to change the part properly....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Still hard to get into gear

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good information! I too would like to know how to change the part properly.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Part # 56 is what you are changing.
    It is located behind the cover where the shift lever attaches.
    Take the lever off. You might need to take # 20 snap ring off of the rotary switch.
    Take the bolts out of the cover and it should slip off. Make sure the shafts stay in place.
    That lever with the roller has a spring behind it so just pull it down away from the star and tie it off to get it out of the way. Make sure the spring doesn't fly out and get lost.
    Slide the old star off and slide the new one on and replace everything.
    I am going by the picture in this thread and parts fiche on this procedure because I haven't done it but it is simple to do, but there might be other steps you will need to figure out as you go.

Look up 'Drive train, Main gearbox Internals' in Polaris Parts fiche for your transmission to zoom in the picture below.
    http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Name:  701328.gif
Views: 49
Size:  95.0 KB
    Last edited by rockman; 12-26-2019 at 09:01 AM.

is in love with speed & power

Member #
    i was hoping someone who actually did the change can comment

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Do steps 3 through 7 and then reverse the procedure to put it back together. If you can't follow that maybe get someone to do it for you.
    Or you can do your own search and see what you come up with.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12....html?page=270

More information from google for you. Lol
    https://www.rangerforums.net/threads...quickly.44523/
    Gonna be watching to see if you actually read that thread.
    Last edited by rockman; 12-28-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    AUGDOG likes this.

Member #
    rockman i read that post on the ranger forum,thats why i am asking for someone who actually did this part swap to give feedback on the install,not real hip on the part where they say be careful parts can go flying all over the place. seems alot of people talk about installing this part but no one gives any info on the install.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I researched and change this part out this past summer after Rock posted, now he has even gone so far as to put in the link to an online manual which is fantastic! Why don't you just click on that service manual link and do the job or have someone else do it? You've asked 3 times now for instructions.
    rockman likes this.

Member #
    aug i didnt ask 3 times for instructions,how bout you show me where i asked for instructions 3 times, your a typical forum asshole

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    aug i didnt ask 3 times for instructions,how bout you show me where i asked for instructions 3 times, your a typical forum asshole
    ROTFLMAO
    Post 10, 13 & 15
    there's some helpful sharp guys on this forum but it seems you didn't like any of the replies you got. If you're not capable of following the step by step instructions another member provided for you take it to a dealership.
    If you need to call me names have at it as I really don't care but if it makes you feel better go ahead.
    UPfreebird likes this.

Member #
    aug as i stated before, your the typical forum asshole. as for the post where i ask for instructions,i asked that in one post,post 10 only, in post 13 i stated i wanted someone who actually did the swap to comment, in post 15 i was explaining why i was asking for a comment from someone who did the swap. i already read the parts breakdown,a fool can read that and see whats there and how it looks like it goes together.

here is rockmans last quote after he tried to explain how to change the part by looking at the fiche """"""I am going by the picture in this thread and parts fiche on this procedure because I haven't done it but it is simple to do, but there might be other steps you will need to figure out as you go."""""" how does rockman know its simple to do when he has not done it himself and he has no clue what other steps will be needed to install it.

rockman has not installed the part himself or done the procedure and he states there might be other steps to figure out as you go? this leaves alot to be desired as far as the install, especially when you see others on other forums says be careful installing this parts yourself because parts can shoot out and go flying everywhere.

so aug thats sums that up,and yes your still the typical forum asshole!

This user has no status.

Member #
    A person would have to be a real dumb ass to not be able to follow the information in this thread and change that part.
    There is a link to the instruction page in the shop manual that tells you step by step how to do it.
    This is the instructions from Polaris engineering that instructs Polaris techs how to do that operation.
    Your best bet is to take it to the Polaris dealer and have them do it.
    Last edited by rockman; 01-14-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    AUGDOG likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links