I'm allowing the radiator to breath a little(A LOT) better!? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I'm allowing the radiator to breath a little(A LOT) better!?

This is a discussion on I'm allowing the radiator to breath a little(A LOT) better!? within the ACE Engine and Drivetrain forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Looks good man. i have a 900 sp also, got it in January noticed temps hitting 204 before the fan would kick on. now in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I'm allowing the radiator to breath a little(A LOT) better!?

is I want to go fast

Member #
    Looks good man. i have a 900 sp also, got it in January noticed temps hitting 204 before the fan would kick on. now in may i have seen it hit 218 before the fan starts to drop the temp, if i shut it off while its hot and turn it back on after a few min break, temps are in 228-230 range but drops quickly. i just ordered a fan bypass switch so i can have the fan run at will 80$ was hard to swallow and am thinking of flushing the cooling system with engine ice coolant. i have been contemplating cutting the bottom if the front grill for more air flow, do you think your better off now that you have modified yours ?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Goider View Post
    Looks good man. i have a 900 sp also, got it in January noticed temps hitting 204 before the fan would kick on. now in may i have seen it hit 218 before the fan starts to drop the temp, if i shut it off while its hot and turn it back on after a few min break, temps are in 228-230 range but drops quickly. i just ordered a fan bypass switch so i can have the fan run at will 80$ was hard to swallow and am thinking of flushing the cooling system with engine ice coolant. i have been contemplating cutting the bottom if the front grill for more air flow, do you think your better off now that you have modified yours ?

Mine just ran much better with the cutout. I can't think of my they would have left it here - it's nothing more than a mud and heat trap?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looks better than stock.
    Dirty Deeds
    2014 Sportsman Ace
    Custom Lift
    F/R Bumpers
    Warn 2500# winch
    30x9x14 Silverbacks
    Polaris Roof
    Radiator Relocated
    Custom Snorkals Tested neck Deep
    Light Bar
    backup light
    custom shift handle

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

is in love with speed & power

Member #
    they left it partially covered to stop the entire radiator from getting caked up with mud,this way if mud gets thrown onto the front it will only cover and cake into half the radiator so it will still be able to cool via the fan.sometimes there is a reason for the madness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links