ace 325 starter problems
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

ace 325 starter problems

This is a discussion on ace 325 starter problems within the ACE Engine and Drivetrain forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Just purchased a drenched 2014 ace 325. previous owner sunk it and didn't know what all to do to dry it out. I got it ...

Thread: ace 325 starter problems

This user has no status.

Member #

ace 325 starter problems

Just purchased a drenched 2014 ace 325. previous owner sunk it and didn't know what all to do to dry it out. I got it dirt cheap ! the starter is burned up on it, meaning the armature itself is burned up! New they are close to 400 bucks!! Don't want to do that yet as I don't know if this thing was hydralocked or not yet and may need a rebuild. What I want to know is if the internals from say a 325 Polaris 4 wheeler are the same so I can buy one for 30 bucks and rob the parts I need to fixe my starter. My brushes and everything else is fine, the windings are broke in several places and chard . the local shop here cant tell me if the internal will interchange or not, only that the starter itself wont interchange due to bolt pattern ! (duh) Help please!

is Ready For The Weekend

Member #
    I would just give it a shot for $30 the starters are probably the same and if it could save you the money of buying a new one it's worth a shot

This user has no status.

Member #
    Waiting on a reply from a parts warehouse to compare them side by side. The 2016 ace has a different part# for the starter at half the price of a 2014 and all the parts related to it have the same part number. We'll see what happens!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    well,update time. called Polaris a week or so ago and they confirmed that the 2016 and 2014 starters are the same. then he went to say that they were the same price just under 400 and the someone hasn't updated the system. I ordered the starter that moment at my local dealer for 165 bucks. Smartass manager didn't believe me about calling them out on a part and looked it up. shows the same price but the parts guy had already placed order for the cheaper deal. ANY WAYS!! got it put together and it smokes like a freight train and fowled the plug. apparently the rings are stuck and oil blow by is terrible! Time for a top end. Now If I can find the info on doing all that !! Gonna be fun!

Sponsored Links