Power steering kit comparisons ? ? ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Power steering kit comparisons ? ? ? within the ACE Suspension forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; So I see there are a few kits to add EPS to the ACE. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them or can help ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Power steering kit comparisons ? ? ?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    is feeling awesome.

Member #

So I see there are a few kits to add EPS to the ACE.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with them or can help me with some info comparing them.

EZ-steer kit from Super ATV -
    • $520
    • water tight
    • lots of parts
    • 3yr warranty

Wicked bilt Electra steer -
    • $780
    • few parts
    • 3yr warranty

OEM -
    • $1300
    • few parts
    • 6mo warranty?

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    I've had the Electra Steer on my RZR for about 2000+ miles and 3.5 years.
    No problems with it, works great. Installation was fairly simple.

I've had the EZ Steer on my ACE for about 1000+ miles and 1 year.
    No problems with it, works great. Installation was a pain, but that has more to do with the ACE bodywork and frame layout than the kit.

I'm not sure why you list the EZ Steer as having more parts than the Electra Steer.
    Both have a motor, a controller, a couple of column pieces and linkages to replace the stock steering column, and some wires.
    I'm looking at two photos of them side by side now. The EZ Steer kit photo shows all of the parts separately. The Electra Steer kit photo has the same parts, but assembled, so it only looks like fewer parts.
    Other than the difficulty with the ACE due to the bodywork and tight clearances, I remember the installation being pretty similar between the two.

The EZ Steer is a clone of the Electra Steer.
    For the first year, everyone was saying "We'll see how EZ Steer holds up. The Electra Steer is the original, higher quality" and stuff like that.
    But then the EZ Steer held up just fine and continued to be cheaper.

The OEM one is going to be "progressive" - meaning less boost when the vehicle is moving at speed.
    I used to think that was a big deal and probably worth the extra bucks. Then I drove an ACE 570 Black Pearl SP, which has the progressive EPS installed.
    I didn't feel that the progressive EPS made much difference, really. I think that the toe-in adjustment will have much more to do with stability at speed than the progressive EPS.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    is feeling awesome.

Member #
    I was going off the photo. Thanks gor the info. It was exactly the advice I was hoping for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I installed an EZ Steer kit on my 800 RZR and it worked faultlessly. I then bought the EZ Steer kit for my XP900 and it seemed to have a fault with the ECU that was drawing current even when switch off (Super ATV replaced the ECU under warrantee). I've just landed and am yet to fit an EZ Steer kit for my ACE. I'll report back in a week or so when done but I'd expect it to be pretty good based on experience so far.
    whitetrash likes this.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    SuperATV's tech support was reachable and willing to discuss an installation issue I had with my ACE.
    Here is a thread where I talked about my installation at the time: https://www.aceforums.net/forum/30-ac....html#post4110
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    I got my Ez-Steer in last Friday. Dad and I installed it sund and finished it up after work. I am glad I didn't pay to install, but it had some challenges. I bought it thru team fas, for $440 shipped.
    After we were done, the right tire was towed out, fixed that then Drove up and down road and turns. I like so far, look forward to the next day or weekend ride

duane
    two 2014 Polaris ACE
    Last edited by duane h; 03-02-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Strange, installing the kit should not have changed the toe. The kit replaces stuff north of the steering box.
    Are you sure it wasn't already out before, and you just noticed it since you were focusing on the steering?
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    That didn't change the toe, but with everything stripped down and working on it, It became 'obvious' it needed adjusted. So yes, working on steerin made me notice more.
    It seemed my motor was different than pictured, I had to grind away the lip on the lower cross over bar. I check and post a few pics tomorrow

duane
    two 2014 Polaris ACE

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I also had to remove a chunk of that crossbar to get mine installed.
    I called and spoke with SuperATV about it. I guess the deal is that with ALL of the bolts way loose, it is theoretically possible to wiggle the shaft into a position where it's not hitting anything, without modifying that crossbar. Then you can tighten it up. That seems like a less than perfect products design, but I'm not an engineer, so...
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    We seen no way to do it with the bolts loose.the slop made it worse. Then if it was 'happy', tightening them changed it. What I didn't like most, was the plate that mounts to the motor was sandwiched between the frame tube and the big mounting plate. Didn't make sense, the top plate is forced not to sit flush to pivot mount and cross tube. As a machinist, I get/got the difficult issues, i doubt the ace was engineered for the 'after market'. It is tight space.... I do recommend it tho, install is short lived frustration compared to the enjoyment of the ACE..

duane
    two 2014 Polaris ACE
    Stubby likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links