Bulletproof front end!!! - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Bulletproof front end!!!

This is a discussion on Bulletproof front end!!! within the ACE Suspension forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; I noticed you have tie rods in the pic of your upright kit. When I placed my order from racertech.com it says and I quote ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bulletproof front end!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I noticed you have tie rods in the pic of your upright kit. When I placed my order from racertech.com it says and I quote "this is a compete kit for both sides with all needed hardware included. The kit uses oem sized wheel bearings, studs and clips (not included) and comes with all needed hardware for installation." I talked to a tech today at racertech and was told I would indeed need to purchase their tie rods to successfully complete my installation ($300+ with shipping). Did you place your order by phone, if not, how did you know the tie rods were needed? Had I'd known, I would have also ordered the tie rods when I ordered the upright kit. Kind of frustrating

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Hmm. You should not need the HD tie rods to work with our uprights. The gen1 version required it but the gen3's which you would have received should only require a spacer to set the gap and you should be good to go.

I also got your email which I would have preferred a chance to address first but I do understand your frustration. I will follow up with you tomorrow. I just need to verify who told you this and why. As long as I'm not mistaken we should have sent you the spacers with the kit and you should be all set. If we didn't send them we will next day some to you. If I'm wrong about all this then the website absolutely needs to be changed to note this and I'll get right on that as well.

Thanks,
    spannermaster likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    My apologies for my impatience regarding this matter, I spoke to a tech today while I was out riding in my ace, and was told I needed the tie rods. When I got home I was going to order the tie rods, but my girlfriend took our laptop to work. I began disassembly and got on the computer a couple hours later. My kit did come with the correct spacers I believe, a black cylindrical one and a silver one for each side. I was told to put the black one on the bottom and the silver one on the top. I'm going to be offshore til the 21st so I won't be able to get back to it until then. By the way, the uprights are very well made, and I am looking forward to finishing the install and getting back out on the trail with confidence that my struts won't fail

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerTech View Post
    Hmm. You should not need the HD tie rods to work with our uprights. The gen1 version required it but the gen3's which you would have received should only require a spacer to set the gap and you should be good to go.

I also got your email which I would have preferred a chance to address first but I do understand your frustration. I will follow up with you tomorrow. I just need to verify who told you this and why. As long as I'm not mistaken we should have sent you the spacers with the kit and you should be all set. If we didn't send them we will next day some to you. If I'm wrong about all this then the website absolutely needs to be changed to note this and I'll get right on that as well.

Thanks,
    You guys have by far THE BEST customer service of any company I have ever done business with way to go Racer Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RT PRO likes this.
    Polaris ACE 570 front and rear bumpers, poly roof, 2 18w cree led flood lights, nerf bars, and sport windshield. YFZ 450 Rekluse clutch, yoshi pipe, intake and no airbox lid.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks guys. It's all good. Just let me know when you get back to working on this and I'll help with whatever I can to get this figured out with you.

Thanks,
    Formerly Racer Tech. Click HERE for details.

Ted Yearling-Brand Ambassador/Lead Tech
    RT Pro UTV - The official site
    517-278-7768
    Email us HERE
    https://www.facebook.com/RTProUTV/

[email protected]

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks Andy for resolving my issue so quickly, I can see why everyone thinks highly of racertech and the excellent customer service provided.
    RT PRO likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    still happy with them upgrades? i'm on the fence with spending the money of the kids toy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links