Bulletproof front end!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Bulletproof front end!!!

This is a discussion on Bulletproof front end!!! within the ACE Suspension forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; So excited my parts from Racer Tech have arrived. A lot of work ahead any advice welcome on putting these new hub struts in. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bulletproof front end!!!

is is itching to ride.

Member #

Bulletproof front end!!!

So excited my parts from Racer Tech have arrived. A lot of work ahead any advice welcome on putting these new hub struts in. I wonder if I will need special tools or not. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Polaris ACE 570 front and rear bumpers, poly roof, 2 18w cree led flood lights, nerf bars, and sport windshield. YFZ 450 Rekluse clutch, yoshi pipe, intake and no airbox lid.

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    I don't know what those special whiz-bangs in the ziploc bags are, or what the cylindrical things are.
    But I can tell you that replacing the hubstrut assy with a stock one from Polaris that has the ball joint included does not take any special tools.

However, I see that these ones do not appear to include the ball joint. You may have some difficulty getting yours out.
    I don't have any input on how to go about that, but I think that will be your biggest challenge unless you take it somewhere to have them extracted out of the old and pressed into the new.

Depending how many miles you have on your front end, you may just want to buy some new ball joints and stuff them into the new hubstruts and start fresh.

Oh, and it looks like you're in the same boat with wheel bearings.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    The wiz bang bags are misalignment spacers and various other hardware the cylindrical things are new the tie rods. You can't use stock tie rods because the new struts use a double shear mounting for the tie rod. From what it looks like to me the ball joints are held in by a plate and 2 bolts. Have you tried to take yours out? I hope they aren't pressed in I only have 1 tank of gas through this thing I would like to reuse the ball joints if possible well I will keep my fingers crossed.

Polaris ACE 570 front and rear bumpers, poly roof, 2 18w cree led flood lights, nerf bars, and sport windshield. YFZ 450 Rekluse clutch, yoshi pipe, intake and no airbox lid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    I've had the plates off and kind of tugged half-heartedly at the ball joints and they did not want to come out easily. But I had maybe 1500 miles on it by then. Maybe fresh ones will come out.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    I hope so

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    If they don't wanna come out I will warm up the aluminum with a torch I bet they come out then.

is patiently waiting for snow

Member #
    Spanner,
    IM me. If you be'd willing to part ways with your old spindles, I'd like to have them as backups when I ride. I cannot afford the upgraded parts just yet.

Thanks,
    Drew

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    is feeling awesome.

Member #
    You may want to consider leaving the ball joints in. If you sell them or need them to repair in a hurry, you will be thankful you did.

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    If I sell them someone can just buy new ball joints. Also the whole point of buying the racer tech ones is to never need to repair these again.

is is itching to ride.

Member #
    I just ordered new bearings and ball joints looking at getting them out there may be a chance of damaging them just trying to pull them out.

Scoundrel likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links