How To Choose the Right ATV Helmet
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on How To Choose the Right ATV Helmet within the Polaris ACE News forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Do you have a cheap head? I have always been of the opinion that when riding off road vehicles you must protect the single most ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vole

Thread: How To Choose the Right ATV Helmet

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    is Something something, Danger
    Zone!
    Member #

Do you have a cheap head?

I have always been of the opinion that when riding off road vehicles you must protect the single most important decision-making part of your body and thatís your head. However I have noticed that in the passing years many people choose to buy the cheapest ATV helmet they can find all the while not knowing if it would even protect them in a crash. To make matters worse people will by their children even cheaper head protection. This short read will hopefully help you make the right decision when choosing a helmet.

Letís take a brief glance into the many certifications that can be found on the legitimate helmets at your local dealer. We have all seen the DOT, SNELL and ECE stamps usually tucked down at the bottom of the backside of your helmet, but we want you to understand what each one means.

Check out the article here: How To Choose the Right ATV Helmet - ATV.com

This user has no status.
    Member #
    When in the ACE I don't see the need for wearing anything more than half helmet. After all, there's a roll cage for a reason.
    UNI filter, clutch kit, 2" lift, HMF Swamp Series slip on muffler, Power Commander, Auto Tune, Dyno Tune.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    That roll cage does not protect you fully. I do wear full face helmet all the time so does my girlfriend or any family/friends that I`m riding with.
    Anything can come through between those bars from small stones to big woods. You never know. It`s always better to keep it on the safe side, and full face helmets are not uncomfortable at all.
    polarbear and stewartiguana like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.
    Member #
    My friends and I wear full face helmets also. Been wearing them forever, feel naked without them. But, I believe any helmet is better than no helmet. I could fill this whole page with what I have seen over the last 30+ years. Teeth knocked out, branches stuck in heads, split wigs from heads hitting roll bars or rocks as they flopped them over, and most importantly, our big ride ruined by someone who doesn't think they need a helmet because "they just take it easy". Modern medicine can fix just about anything, but they still haven't figured out how to give you a new head.

is Ready for some muddin action
    Member #
    I usually rock a full face modular helmet because you just can't beat the full protection they provide but I find their hot as hell in the summer and fog up easy in the wet months so I'm looking for an open face helmet with a full face flip up screen/visor ... good eye protection is a must

may pick up this HJC helmet
    Name:  hjc-is-33-ii-niro-jethelm-44305_5.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  17.9 KB
    2015 570SP
    STI HD beadlocks
    Interco Reptile radials
    SATV 1.5" forward A-arms
    Warn HD 2500 winch
    Polaris extreme front bumper
    EZ-Steer RZR 800S EPS
    Custom quick steering
    DFR 3" racing harness
    DFR quick release hub
    Custom half windshield
    Custom alum roof
    Garmin GPS
    Motobatt 30 AH battery

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Last season my girlfriend was using one of my helmets ( as I have 3 full face ), but they were all a bit too big for her, so I bought her a nice new helmet this year:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...lockade-helmet
    Name:  bell_mx9_adventure_blockade_helmet_matte_black_detail.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  16.2 KB

She absolutely loves it. Goggles fit inside easy, so does the mic and speakers for the Cardo Smartpak. I can recommend it to anyone, really good helmet for whole year.

Sponsored Links