Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum! within the Polaris ACE News forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; welcome to the forum. I'm in the Portland area....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum!

is needing to ride more

Member #
    welcome to the forum. I'm in the Portland area.
    14 Ace
    13 Scrambler 850 LE

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hello all,
    Just joined and a proud owner of a 15 Ace 570.
    Much is needed to get it up to the way I want it
    Name:  100_3718.JPG
Views: 4695
Size:  1.77 MB

This user has no status.

Member #
    Think I will go with the 570 also. think the 32 hp is not quite big enough for me. 6 2 300 lb. how does it do at hi altau? Ew live at 2700 ft hunt at 34 3600. Will be riding in Colorado up around 9000 to 11,500 ft. Can hardly wait.
    Simon likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum, both of you!

When my time comes for the 570, I'm going to have to look closely at the blue vs white. In theory, I'd rather go with the blue.
    But the pictures I've seen so far make me wonder if I'd really like that color months down the road, or if I'd feel like I was getting into a vehicle that was wallpapered with shop towels.
    It's not as deep and rich a blue as I'd like.
    In wonder what color options will exist for the 2016 lineup...

It does just fine at high altitude. See this thread: https://www.aceforums.net/forum/10-ac...atv-trail.html
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thank's for the info Scoundrel. Almost had the wife talked into one last night,but she said if I had a Ace then she need one also. What is good for the gander is good for the goose. So she say's So guess we will be getting the 325 an 570. Will find out next year. That is OK we enjoy ridding together.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Scoundrel Birdkiller5 Wife and I test drove the Ace yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are both getting the Ace 325. The 570 is more than I need for what we do. It is going to be long winter. Thank again for info and any thing you discover over the winter Thanks again
    Scoundrel likes this.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Awesome! You'll love the gas mileage.
    I did an 82-mile cruise on mostly service roads over a couple of mountains last week, and when I got back I still had half a tank of gas left according to the gauge.
    70cyclone likes this.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Scoundrel Bidkiller 5 here. We test rode the Ace. Trying to figure out why they did not put engine break in this motor? Wife say's when it acted as if it did have one, may be I had in hi. I did not get that feel going down step hill!Are you still thinking of going to the 570 or going to stick with Ace? We are getting ares next Aug.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I guess they didn't feel like an engine brake was needed. Most times I don't feel the need for it.
    If you put it in low gear and blip the throttle when you start down the hill, that does engine braking very well.
    But for some people that is not good enough and they talk of installing a one-way bearing in the clutch.

I still have not decided whether I will eventually go to the 570, and I will not be making that decision until after Polaris announces the 2016 lineup in July.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

is needing to ride more

Member #
    yeah no EBS or whatever they call it...not in the 570 either from what I understand.
    if you keep the engine RPM up so the clutch is engaged you do get the compression braking from the motor but as soon at the clutch unloads it freewheels.
    50/50 camp on if people like it. sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    On my scrambler I have to constantly feather the throttle so it doesn't skid the back tires going down a hill, don't have to do that on the Ace.
    14 Ace
    13 Scrambler 850 LE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links