Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum! within the Polaris ACE News forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Hey polaris, what about 4 wheel steering on the ace! Low range only? Old news for kobota ,john deere,honda etc., lawn tractors all have had ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Welcome to ACEForums.net - The Largest Polaris Sportsman ACE Forum!

This user has no status.

Member #

4 wheel steering on the ace! Hydraulic drives?

Hey polaris, what about 4 wheel steering on the ace! Low range only? Old news for kobota ,john deere,honda etc., lawn tractors all have had it for years.
    Hydraulic drive cvt? Differentials ? , hydraulic drives at the wheels? No cvt, no clutch, no belt just thinking outside the box

is needing to ride more

Member #
    with the weight, heat, complexity, and cost I don't think hydraulics are a viable option for this kind of machine, at least if you want to have any speed. If you want a low speed heavy towing workhorse then heck yeah, but as you stated, its already been done.
    With the torque of hydraulic motors they are great for low speed applications but have some real issues at high speed and when the speed needs to vary a lot and often.
    I do love hydraulics myself though. I have a 1974 wheelhorse D160 that is hydrostatic drive and has hydraulics for the 3-point and mower deck (or front blade etc). My zero turn Exmark mower is of course hydrostat drive. I also have a 80's vintage Liftall offroad 8k forklift with a triple stage mast that goes 30' high and uses the same hydraulic system for the steering.
    Scoundrel likes this.
    14 Ace
    13 Scrambler 850 LE

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 70cyclone View Post
    with the weight, heat, complexity, and cost I don't think hydraulics are a viable option for this kind of machine, at least if you want to have any speed. If you want a low speed heavy towing workhorse then heck yeah, but as you stated, its already been done.
    With the torque of hydraulic motors they are great for low speed applications but have some real issues at high speed and when the speed needs to vary a lot and often.
    I do love hydraulics myself though. I have a 1974 wheelhorse D160 that is hydrostatic drive and has hydraulics for the 3-point and mower deck (or front blade etc). My zero turn Exmark mower is of course hydrostat drive. I also have a 80's vintage Liftall offroad 8k forklift with a triple stage mast that goes 30' high and uses the same hydraulic system for the steering.
    Wheel Horse?????? I got a Horse myself, a 73 16 Auto. Its my small snow removal machine with a plow and blower. If all works out with the first Ace next season the second Ace is going to take its place for snow removal with blade, blower, and cab.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

is needing to ride more

Member #
    yeah the wheel horse stuff is great...back when they used good thick metal to build things...will the Ace (or anything else) still be usable in 40 years?
    14 Ace
    13 Scrambler 850 LE

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ehhhh I doubt it. They sure don't make things like they used to for sure! I guess Ill just have to upgrade every few years?

This user has no status.

Member #
    How do i post ?

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by whitmer1680 View Post
    How do i post ?
    Click on the "Forum" button in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
    Choose a topic that you'd like to post in and click it.
    Click the "Post New Thread" button.
    Welcome on board!
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 09-14-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #

new here

trying to find out how to post to some of you guys ???
    THIS IS A TEST ONLY A TEST lol
    Last edited by Woody; 09-19-2016 at 06:44 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi all you ACE people, Im a new Ace 570 owner and im looking for some advise to up grade my tires. i want to go a little wider and a size taller. im looking for a little more stability on the corners. i don't really go fast i just like to cruse around, but i don't feel comfortable going around corners. so with that being said can somebody give me a couple idea's on wider and or one size taller or / maybe spacers ???
    ive been looking at the Maxxis Bighorn's if you all think that might be a good way to go, if so then what size would you all suggest ???,
    i don't want to flip over. i already lost an arm in a motorcycle accident, i only have one left.so PLEASE help.
    Thank you all VERY much.
    Woody

is WTF

Member #
    Woody ,
    get some new rims
    I like 14 inch with 4+3 offset in front and 4+4 offset rears (7inch + 8 inch)
    the radial clones like pro comps or others are as good as the bighorns without the inflated price
    go with 9 inch fronts and 11 inch rears get the 26 inch tires ,no rubbing ,perfect fit with new rims

you will end up just a tad over 50 inch width but I havent found a gate yet that I can't fit through
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o04_s00
    Last edited by mustang; 11-19-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links