325 with power steering light on..with no power steering?
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 325 with power steering light on..with no power steering? within the ACE Lighting, Stereo, and Electrical forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Just picked up a 2014, 325 and noticed dash power steering light is on. Trying to figure out cause....obviously itís not the power steering, as ...

Thread: 325 with power steering light on..with no power steering?

This user has no status.
    Member #

Just picked up a 2014, 325 and noticed dash power steering light is on. Trying to figure out cause....obviously itís not the power steering, as that model didnít come with it and it wasnít added.

Moved up from 2017 150. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as Iím trying to keep it out of a greedy service dept.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Yesterday my steering light was on when I was starting my 900xc. I tried 3 times and each time the light was on and no power steering. I then moved the gear selector to neutral and tried it and everything went back to normal. After that the power steering worked fine after each start.
    2018 Polaris Ace 900xc
    2014 Can Am Maverick Max XRS
    2012 Polaris RZR 570
    2001 KTM 200 MXC

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Apparently the power steering light is a multi functioning indicator light also - be nice to have possible fault codes

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Humour me but how is your battery ? I know your Ace like mine doesn't have power steering it was an option hence the icon on the dash instruments panel. One of the things the system looks for is adequate voltage/power to run the power steering as a safety feature when its fitted. I cant remember if that icon came up on mine when the battery I had originally was dying but the dash would light up like a xmas tree,but the Ace would still start. Again I know the Eps its NOT physically there but the ACE was built to take the kit for it. The dealer down here asked me if I wanted it but the price was ridiculously expensive so the answer was no thanks.. The battery lives under the cup holder panel in the cabin put a trickle charger on it over night and see if the warning light disappears. Also check all the wiring connectors on the transmission and engine for water/dirt ingress gently pull them apart and check them, die electric grease is your friend when you put them back together. Goodluck
    Last edited by Insanefreighttrain; 02-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Sponsored Links