Anyone try the Antigravity Re-Start Lithium Battery ATX-12 for their Ace?
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Anyone try the Antigravity Re-Start Lithium Battery ATX-12 for their Ace? within the ACE Lighting, Stereo, and Electrical forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; As I have posted on another thread, I now have a pack of Ace 570's (two 2019 and a 2015) sitting my garage. First mod ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimD

Thread: Anyone try the Antigravity Re-Start Lithium Battery ATX-12 for their Ace?

This user has no status.

Member #

As I have posted on another thread, I now have a pack of Ace 570's (two 2019 and a 2015) sitting my garage. First mod for the Aces will be to pull the conventional lead batteries and install low maintenance batteries.

The Antigravity Re-Start Lithium Battery ATX-12 has caught my eye. Thinking about putting these in all three Aces so that I don't have to fuss with battery minders for each machine while they sit in my garage. Rocky Mountain ATV has them priced at $202.49 (not much more expensive than a good AGM battery, battery minder, and the assorted cables).

I'll probably order one and try it out in my Ace. If I'm happy with it, I'll order two more (one for my wife's Ace and one for my daughter's Ace).

Jim

This user has no status.

Member #
    My 2015 Ace has the original battery and I've never charged it, even after sitting all winter it fired right up several years on a row. First thing you should do is either cover your voltage regulator on the 2015 or relocate it! Replacement batteries on these things are under $100 IMO over 200 is ridiculous.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I definitely plan on doing something with the voltage regulators on the three Aces before we take our first trip in April!

Did you add a shield to yours or relocate it? If you relocated it, to where?

Regarding the batteries, I hate flooded cells. The ones in my first Ace that I purchased in October already needs to have water added. I much prefer AGM's and this is what I get for my boats. A decent AGM runs about $110. Add another $50 for a battery minder and cable, and the Lithium is only $40 more. I also like the Restart feature on the Antigravities, where there is always a reserve to start the ATV even if the battery discharges.

Jim

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    My wife has a 2015 ACE 570. Appreciate whatever details you have on shielding/moving the voltage regulator.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Personally I believe that relocating it is a better solution due to the poor location in stock form. If you simply type "voltage regulator" into the search function on this forum you will find tons of reading with pictures etc. I purchased a new regulator with a longer harness online for around $70 and the job took me about 45 minutes to an hour.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Upon further reflection, I've decided against the Antigravity lithium batteries. The main reason is the low Ah of the batteries.

I'm going to order a Yuasa YIX30L-BS AGM battery. 31.6 Ah with 385 CCA. I have found this battery on sale for $98. I'm going to fit in into my ACE, and if the install is okay, then order two more for our other Aces.

Jim
    AUGDOG likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    What is the min voltage an ace needs in the winter to start and what is the voltage of the restart option on the lithium?

Sponsored Links