Anyone install the Desert Craft Seat Suspension Brackets? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Anyone install the Desert Craft Seat Suspension Brackets?

This is a discussion on Anyone install the Desert Craft Seat Suspension Brackets? within the ACE Seats, and Restraint Systems forums, part of the Polaris ACE Safety category; Originally Posted by whatwasithinkin Last night I installed my Desert Craft Brackets in my OEM ACE seat bottom. Wasn't to difficult. I watched the RZR ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone install the Desert Craft Seat Suspension Brackets?

is Waiting for the next ride

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by whatwasithinkin View Post
    Last night I installed my Desert Craft Brackets in my OEM ACE seat bottom. Wasn't to difficult. I watched the RZR install video a few times. It helped a little. I would like to see Desert Craft do an actual ACE seat install though. As they are similar, like as they are both seats in Polaris vehicles, but in reality they are quite different. Not so much for me, mine are done, but for anyone else who may find the RZR install confusing if you attempt to follow it to the letter. The supplied installation sheet is also confusing to follow as there are steps include in it for the RZR seat that don't apply to the ACE. Mainly there are extra steps for RZR due to there being more OEM parts involved from the factory. And the orientation photo's were almost black from being photocopied to many times, so those were useless.

One question I have for anyone else who does have or have had this bracket installed, was there any problems with the bracket breaking thru the plastic seat base?

My concern is from the fact that with the brackets you no longer have the full length support of the OEM seat frame and are now relying on a single piece of @ 1"x 3" steel on each side. Maybe not a problem, hopefully. But my other concern that goes with it would be cold weather riding. Below 32*f or 0*c and some plastics become very brittle.

Maybe I'm over thinking it....it happens, lol.
    Rode on mine for two years and no plastic breakage at all Cant say about low temperatures. Doesn't get that cold here in TN
    2016 RZR 570 EPS Trail with EBS and turf mode
    Sunset red
    Quadboss roof
    F+R windshields
    Polaris cargo box
    Polaris low profile front and rear brushguards
    SS212 wheels
    Maxxis ceros tires 26X9X12 and 26X11X12
    20 inch light bar
    Badland 3500# winch with Moto-alliance winch mount
    Mudbusters fender flares
    Highlifter 2 inch lift kit
    Polaris A Arm Guards
    Yearban piggyback shocks

Departed friends
    2001 Kawasaki Bayou300 4X4
    2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    2015 Polaris Ace 570

This user has no status.

Member #
    No, this mod doesn't have anything to do with forward/backward movement of seat...so no gain in leg room.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I didn't actually measure the leg room, but it seemed to give me a little extra room (I'm only 6'2"). It's not so much that it moves you back, but it moves you up just a tad, which adds to your leg room. And it really does make the seat more comfortable by giving you some shock support. Good luck with the project.
    UNI filter, clutch kit, 2" lift, HMF Swamp Series slip on muffler, Power Commander, Auto Tune, Dyno Tune.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I see this post has been around for quiet awhile. We get a lot of orders for our suspension seat brackets for the ACE. Nice little upgrade.

Just wanted to say thanks for the support and let us know if there is anything that we can help you with.

Regards,

Mark
    Desertcraft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links