Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets within the ACE Seats, and Restraint Systems forums, part of the Polaris ACE Safety category; Finally got decent enough conditions to try out the Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets. My old standby trail only a few miles from my house. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By whatwasithinkin

Thread: Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #

Finally got decent enough conditions to try out the Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets. My old standby trail only a few miles from my house. Last time I rode was Xmas day. Due to almost zero snow this winter, most every legal trail system has been closed to riders. This trail in NH is The Rockingham Recreational Trail aka The Rock. Being the only legally open trail in New England means that it has seen a crazy amount of traffic. Today was no exception. Also means its gotten pretty rough. Any of you that have seen my video's in the video section, know that last few times I've been there, it was more like riding a smooth dirt road. https://www.aceforums.net/forum/10-ac...html#post26417

Well not today. I didn't think to grab my GoPro, so no video of this ride. But was really very good conditions to really get a feel for the new seat brackets. Pretty much all bumps the entire length of the trail and back. @ 25 miles round trip from the parking lot. Everything from stutters to 12-14" deep whoops. Hardly a flat place anywhere. Still frost in the ground and sheets of ice some places. With the temps in the mid 50's there is enough melt going on to make some mud. Some of the icy places had huge melt pot holes. Some places with lots of direct sun even made it dusty here and there.

First noticeable difference is with the brackets, I now sit @ 1" taller in the ACE. For me that's a good thing. I find that little difference in height makes things far more comfortable.

The seat brackets really help take out the shock of the deep stuff and square edge. Lots of those today as the ground is still frozen and the bumps were made prior to the seasonal freeze. So no give to most of them. The little stutters weren't even noticeable. I was able to maintain a quick pace over them. Medium size felt fine. Only places I could really keep my foot in it was the deep whoops where the ACE's short wheelbase and no ability to wheelie or use body language meant I had to take it easy there.

I have a very bad back. Spinal and nerve damage injuries sustained during a 10 year MX career many years ago means I really have to be mindful about riding too fast. I had to give up snowmobiles, bikes and quads because of my back. But the ACE has got me back in the game. Slightly larger diameter tires help suck up the bumps, and these brackets help even more.

My back sure thinks these are worth every penny spent on them.

Indy Joe and Vandal like this.
    2016 Ace 900 SP

is Waiting for the next ride

Member #
    Yes....they are the best mod that your money can buy. I've had mine for a year now and love how they take the sharp stuff out of trail riding. I would suggest checking all screws on occasion, because they will get loose if you didn't use loc-tite
    2016 RZR 570 EPS Trail with EBS and turf mode
    Sunset red
    Quadboss roof
    F+R windshields
    Polaris cargo box
    Polaris low profile front and rear brushguards
    SS212 wheels
    Maxxis ceros tires 26X9X12 and 26X11X12
    20 inch light bar
    Badland 3500# winch with Moto-alliance winch mount
    Mudbusters fender flares
    Highlifter 2 inch lift kit
    Polaris A Arm Guards
    Yearban piggyback shocks

Departed friends
    2001 Kawasaki Bayou300 4X4
    2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    2015 Polaris Ace 570

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Yes....they are the best mod that your money can buy. I've had mine for a year now and love how they take the sharp stuff out of trail riding. I would suggest checking all screws on occasion, because they will get loose if you didn't use loc-tite
    I know this is a really old thread but for any new forum members this may be helpful. I too installed this on my Rzr and loved it. I'm thinking of getting a set for my 900xc too.
    2018 Polaris Ace 900xc
    2014 Can Am Maverick Max XRS
    2012 Polaris RZR 570
    2001 KTM 200 MXC

Sponsored Links