What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas

This is a discussion on What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas within the Introductions forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Hi Papa-t, a couple of us were traveling a long the side of a large dam with wide open grass areas between the water and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi Papa-t, a couple of us were traveling a long the side of a large dam with wide open grass areas between the water and the tree line.
    We had circled the dam and returning up the other side at around 40 mph heading back to the track, basically the kangaroos run in all directions, as your ridding past.
    This one decided to try and over take me coming from behind my rear left quarter, i only saw it at the last second before it hit, i was more concerned it was going to come in between the door and the gap below which would have ended badly.
    it was traveling flat out and i think it would only have been a mid size and around 30kg in weight at a guess.
    The impact broke off the bottom of the left hand fender.

Name:  crash.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  44.8 KB
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,
    High Lifter 2inch lift, Koplin gun rack, FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K396Y, gopro 5

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hit and run kangaroo, that’s just rude. Lol
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-t View Post
    Hit and run kangaroo, that’s just rude. Lol
    Yes it may seem that way if your not travelled in the aussie bush much. tourists love them but Kangaroos are in plague propotions and can be a pain in the ass when traveling in the country. LOL
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,
    High Lifter 2inch lift, Koplin gun rack, FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K396Y, gopro 5

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    So what should I get for a spare tire/rim that will work for front and back? 2018 500 and a 2015 325
    Thanks

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineAce View Post
    So what should I get for a spare tire/rim that will work for front and back? 2018 500 and a 2015 325
    Thanks
    . Since there’s no differential on the rear axle, I carry a spare rear tire. The front axle has a differential (or at least I assume it does) so it should be able to accommodate the difference in tire diameter if I ever have to use it up front. Mismatched tire diameters on the rear axle would likely cause one heck of a pull to the side with the smallest diameter.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Polaris vehicles always come with the same diameter tires on front and rear.
    Any wheel with more than 4" on the back side won't work on a strut front end.
    Some Polaris wheels are 6+2 on the rear.
    A front for a spare is a safe bet for both ends.
    UPfreebird likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The OEM front tires on my 570 and 900 Aces are 205’s and the rears are 265’s, and measuring the the height (still installed on the machines) the rears appear to be about 1” taller. You brought up a good point about the possibility of rubbing on the front struts. I never checked for that.

is looking for mud!

Member #
    ^^^You are referring to wheel size and not tire size.
    The OD tire for the front and back are the same size.

So if you are keeping a single spare tire,.. use the larger wheel size one.
    That way you will ensure they fit on the back and the front.

25 x 10-12 Rear Tire Size. <--Use this one as a spare for both the front and rear.
    25 x 8-12 Front Tire Size.
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    I kept a front steel OEM wheel and had a same size front tire mounted and used for a spare on my 2015 570. The OEM steel rear wheel will not work on the front. At least mine wouldn’t.
    Last edited by Papa-t; 06-19-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-t View Post
    I kept a front steel OEM wheel and had a same size front tire mounted and used for a spare on my 2015 570. The OEM steel rear wheel will not work on the front. At least mine wouldn’t.
    Really? I wonder why it wouldn't fit,.. especially if the tire is the same OD.
    Usually a smaller rim would interfere when placed where a larger rim would go.
    Like... interfere with the brakes.
    So,.. strange to me that it works backasswards like you state it does.
    Hmm.
    16' ACE 900 SP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links