What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas

This is a discussion on What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas within the Introductions forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Best I remember when I tried the rear wheel as a spare with the smaller front tire; and tried it for a spare on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas

This user has no status.

Member #
    Best I remember when I tried the rear wheel as a spare with the smaller front tire; and tried it for a spare on the front, it was scrubbing tie rod end because offset put it to far in. Front wheel works all the way around for a spare.
    UPfreebird likes this.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Ah,.. I did not realize that there was an offset on the rear.
    Now it makes sense to me.
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    I finally had a chance to take a photo of the difference in height between the OEM front and rear tires. It’s not huge, but it’s definitely noticeable.

Name:  B460063B-D888-4BD1-A2E8-C86087C8EC5D.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  2.31 MB

I also tried installing the rear tire/wheel on the front. There was no interference with the tie rod end, but the tire did touch the strut. I wouldn’t call it rubbing - it just barely touched it. The contact was so slight that the strut hardly even cleaned the dirt off the tire as it rotated, and I couldn’t even feel any resistance as I rotated it. So I tried putting one flat washer over the studs and there was no contact at all. And losing 1-1/2 or 2 threads of lug nut retention shouldn’t be an issue on a temporary basis. I’ve added 4 flat washers to my tool kit so I’ll be good to go in the event I ever need to use the (rear) spare.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Would probably be fine for an emergency slow drive out. But you have to remember when driving with all the weight on and the flexing of the tire itself will make a difference. Just my opinion.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links