What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas within the Introductions forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Hi would like to know what spares members recomend to take when going on long trips to remote locations, im going for a 10 day ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What spares do you take when planning trips to remote areas

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi would like to know what spares members recomend to take when going on long trips to remote locations, im going for a 10 day trip and expect to do 10 hours per day rides with no access to any dealers.
    thanks,
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,
    High Lifter 2inch lift, Koplin gun rack, FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K396Y, gopro 5

This user has no status.

Member #
    I carry a spare drive belt, clutch puller tool. I also carry a spare tire on a rim, small bottle jack, small air pump and tire plugs and a torque wrench. I also have a small bag with tools with metric sockets to replace drive belt, tire; also carry extra fuses, etc.
    Vandal and lamopar like this.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks Papa-t, I hadn't thought of the fuses, clutch puller or the torque wrench. I appreciate the answer.
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I carry a cheap torque wrench (Walmart special) to check lug nuts and to use in case I need to put the spare on. Also Carry a couple deep well sockets for both lug nuts on aluminum wheels and the sockets for the standard steel wheel which are different sizes. I made me a torque wrench holder out of pvc pipe and a pvc screw top with a piece of foam inside on the bottom and in the top screw to keep it from getting beat up; and a solid bottom glued on with pvc pipe glue.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks Papa-t, i have a soft tool bag thats well packed and attached to the tie downs on my rear esky so doesnt move much at all.
    will start shopping for the extra items shorthly.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Same here. But I keep mine in my rear box.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The ACE 570 carries the food and drinks, Bao Feng 5W radio, fire stop can, and air horn. The Wildcat carries her spare tire, WC spare, jump start, cig lighter 20 ft extension, wire, belt, tools, highlifter jack, bolts and nuts, baling wire, duct tape, tree limb saw, inflater, plugsx2, silicon self sealing hose wrap, tow strap, belt, waterproof matches, bear/dumbass spray, emergency blankets, air horn can, med kit, fire extinguishers, fire stop can, radios, and lights. And more junk for cameras.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks maxisp1000,

This user has no status.

Member #
    A big thanks to everyone who gave me some advice on what spares to take, I have attached some pics for your amusement, thankfully i didn't need any spares for the trip and the ACE 570 went great 8 days at 150-170km covered per day used the full tank of gas each day.
    I got to use the winch, which only took a couple of minutes to get me out of a bog.
    Also tested the roll cage and it performed fine with only the rear brush guard needing to be pulled back off the body.
    It also went fine through a few salt water river crossings 100 yards wide and up to 2ft deep.
    Only damage on the trip was to the left quarter panel after a collision with a kangaroo at speed, didn't see it coming and scared the crap out of me at the time.

Thanks CS
    Name:  IMG-20180731-WA0019.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  445.1 KBName:  IMG-20180731-WA0010.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  420.1 KB
    Sporty061200r likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    What happen with the kangaroo? I have to say there’s probably very few people that can actually say they hit a kangaroo with an Ace. Glad your ok.
    Sporty061200r likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links