New Maryland member and potential Aces owner
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on New Maryland member and potential Aces owner within the Introductions forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Just wanted to take a couple of minutes to introduce myself to the group. I'm a mature gentleman (okay, 'old fart' ) from Maryland. We ...

Thread: New Maryland member and potential Aces owner

This user has no status.

Member #

Just wanted to take a couple of minutes to introduce myself to the group.

I'm a mature gentleman (okay, 'old fart' ) from Maryland. We are a family of three (myself, my lovely wife, and our grown daughter). A couple of times, while on vacation, we have rented ATVs. A couple of months ago, however, we did the Offroad Adventure Tours at Snowshoe, WV, and drove Aces. Oh my God, they were so much freaking fun!

This has got me to thinking about buying 3 Ace 570's of our own!

Hope y'all don't mind some questions. My first one will be in regards to trailering.

Jim

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum Jim.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum from another old fart. I will tell you that the 570 will fit in a Silverado short bed.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Gentlemen, thank you for the welcome.

Papa-t, I guess if using a Chevy short bed, one would be using most of the tailgate as well? The short box on my Ram is 6'4" so it should fit there as well. I'm guessing the only time I might try to fit one in the truck bed is if I buy one prior to getting the trailer. Do you back in onto the truck so the lighter end (the front) is on the tailgate?

Jim

This user has no status.

Member #
    I actually pull mine on. I have the front brush guard. I picked up an old motorcycle tire from a dealer (free). I place it in front of the brush guard to keep it off the truck. Back wheels barely set on the tailgate. I also use the tailgate support bars for extra protection.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

Sponsored Links