Welcome to the Sportsman Ace Forum, please post an introduction thread! - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Welcome to the Sportsman Ace Forum, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Sportsman Ace Forum, please post an introduction thread! within the Introductions forums, part of the Polaris ACE News category; Hi All, I just purchased a 900sp. I haven't even taken delivery yet as I am a paraplegic and have Sure Grip hand controls on ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Welcome to the Sportsman Ace Forum, please post an introduction thread!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi All,
    I just purchased a 900sp. I haven't even taken delivery yet as I am a paraplegic and have Sure Grip hand controls on order. I currently own Yamaha YZF250, Yamaha TTR-230, Kawasaki 750 Brute Force, Suzuki 500 Vinson, and Honda 250. I've been in a wheelchair for three years so the bikes are on there way out for obvious reasons. I've made do with the regular ATV's but the ACE will be a big improvement. I've already ordered a DragonFire 4pt Harness and some grab handles so the upgrades begin. More to follow and hope to share ideas with each other. A big thanks to the admins for there "disability" thread! Thanks.
    "If you're going to be a bear, be a Grizzly!"

2016 Polaris Ace 900 SP
    2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
    2005 Suzuki Vinson 500
    2003 Honda 250 TRX
    2004 Yamaha YZF250
    2012 Yamaha TTR-230

is Waiting for Dunefest 2015

Member #
    Welcome to the forums

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hello, I joined this forum in 2014 when the Ace first came out. Now as I have read recently on this forum I own the machine Polaris should have built from the start.
    I'm so excited I sold my 2014 RS Spyder SE-5 as soon as I heard about the new 900xc. I will be picking up my new 900xc 4/27/17
    Bought a show demo model sight unseen with no miles. I only have to drive a 100 miles to pick it up.
    Probably has had 1000's of kids climbing in it. Could not pass it up at the discount. Ordered bumpers, mirrors, roof and parts to build my own hand controls.
    See my other threads for details. Will start a build thread in the accessibility section for the hand control build and install. I got the idea from a youtube video I found.
    These hand controls are all above the bottom of the steering wheel and won't interfere with entry or tilt. Looks like a genius design I can copy and share.
    Last edited by Renegadevtwin; 04-24-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    polarbear and Vandal like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

is Trying to keep the rubber side
    down!

Member #
    Welcome to our party!
    '15 voodoo blue 570,factory full doors,roof,rear storage box,2500lb. winch,rear sway bar removed,ace 900 rear springs,custom seat mods,custom suspension bushings,27" maxxis zilla tires,itp delta steel wheels,factory front and rear brush guards,custom radiator guard,factory fender flares,custom exhaust,dobeck ejk fuel controller,fiamm "freeway blaster"horn,other stuff!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi All, new here. Have a Polaris ACE 570
    It's my first off road vehicle and hope to find some helpful info on it here.

2015 ACE 570

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome aboard, not a ton of traffic here but there are some knowledgeable people to help. Most of the information I've looked for here Can be found quite easily using the search function.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum from NC.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hope I pushed the right button here. Anyway, Hi, my name is Al, and I'm new here. I'm retired, moved out of the city to the boonies, and there is room here for snowmobiles and ATVs. I have a Jeep YJ with a V8 swap that is currently not running, gotta work on that. But I have been intrigued with the idea of the Ace, as a sit-in rather than sit-on ATV, so I bought a 2015 570 from Craigslist. Only 600 miles on it, so still in good shape. Some maintenance has been let go, so I'm catching up on that. And adding stuff like a winch, mirror, and who knows what to come. Doors, maybe.

Does anybody know if doors with lowers will reduce the amount of heat coming in the cab area, or make it worse? Even in the frozen North, it's hot in the summer, and all that heat off the radiator is not that much fun.

My former life as a quality control technician, and my last job at a parachute shop, led me to an interest in sewing. I specialize in heavy duty, outdoor and tactical type sewing. Looking forward to making a roof for the Ace.

I've also been a motorcycle rider. Ducati 125, Suzuki 250 Scrambler, Ducati 250 scrambler, Honda XL500, Honda CB750, probably something I forgot. Rode all of them on and off road. Love to go off road with vehicles.
    UPfreebird likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum also.
    AlJohnson likes this.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlJohnson View Post

Does anybody know if doors with lowers will reduce the amount of heat coming in the cab area, or make it worse? Even in the frozen North, it's hot in the summer, and all that heat off the radiator is not that much fun.
    I have lower door inserts,... and holy moly it can get hot inside that cab!
    I've got 3 ideas to lower the heat during the summer months.
    1. Remove my lower door inserts
    2. Remove the front windshield to get some air flow
    3. Cut out a rubber gasket and fit it over the steering column,... therefore blocking the hole where the hot air rushes in.
    16' ACE 900 SP

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links