So if a power commander worth it?
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on So if a power commander worth it? within the ACE Forced Induction and Power Adders forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Looking for experiences with power commander, is it worth it and do you need new exhaust? if so does any one know if simple bolt ...

Thread: So if a power commander worth it?

This user has no status.

Member #

Looking for experiences with power commander, is it worth it and do you need new exhaust? if so does any one know if simple bolt on exhaust options?

This user has no status.

Member #
    All the Power Commander does is "unlock" increased adjustability of the EFI for adding aftermarket parts affected by air/fuel mixture. With AutoTune module, it constantly adjusts on the fly.
    Stock system can't adjust enough for add-ons such as exhaust or airbox modifications. Performance increase will depend on how much stuff you add to the ACE.

The HMF Swamp/Swamp XL Series exhaust most common, though XL said to be very loud. Trinity Racing & Yoshimura also have options available.
    Last edited by MaxximusDesimus; 06-27-2017 at 04:41 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I too want the Swamp Series exhaust, but in my area cheapest is: $750-full exhaust, $500-Power Commander V & $450-AutoTune. So roughly $1700 just to run an aftermarket exhaust! lol
    Take that for what it's worth....mind you if work was good I'd probably still shell out the $$ anyhow! lmao

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    You will not see any big gains per dollar until you go inside the engine and clutch. Power Commander is not a good name for the device, it's a good marketing name. It is just a fueling device. My HMF exhaust, uni filter, and extra intake tube only required 5-12% more fuel in some zones. That won't be felt by the seat of your pants, but it's good insurance you aren't running lean. Now when I upped my displacement to 625, there was significant fuel added in some zones. Bottom line, if someone thinks dropping $500+ on some electrical gadget is going to turn your atv/utv or bike into a monster, you will be disappointed. Spend that money on engine/clutch mods. You need knowledge and your hands are going to get dirty but sadly, that's why the bolt on gadget industry is booming. Buy a Power Commander for insurance, not for performance.

Sponsored Links