WHO HAS TRACKS? snow track kit? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

WHO HAS TRACKS? snow track kit?

This is a discussion on WHO HAS TRACKS? snow track kit? within the ACE Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Tracks on the 325 would probably be alright vs paddle tires as the "rolling" diameter would only be that of the smaller diameter of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WHO HAS TRACKS? snow track kit?

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Tracks on the 325 would probably be alright vs paddle tires as the "rolling" diameter would only be that of the smaller diameter of the drive sprocket in the tracks compared to the much larger diameter of the paddle tires or even that of the stock tires. It would be a slow but pull like no ones business.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Sorry so late to join in on this topic, Iíve had camoplast tracks on my 325 for 3 years. I use it mostly in swampy areas servicing oil wells. The tracks make my ace like a dozer. It will go most anywhere although I get a little uncomfortable when water & mud get up to the seat. Iíd say top speed is maybe 15 mph (speedometer is off because of the track gear ratio) and thatís enough for what I do. I have not had issues with the ace with tracks except for a broken A arm which was my fault. Never drive over a logs or objects where you can get high center. The front tracks will go over the object but the back ones wonít, because of the angle of the back track, then you canít back up because the backside of the front track angle. I drove over a log I didnít see in 14Ē of snow and broke the front A arm trying to back off of it. I tow a 600# single axle trailer and have always had plenty of power to drag the trailer through deep mud & snow. There are also a lot of wheel bearings to go bad on the tracks. Iím in extreme conditions so I expect to replace 3 or so per year.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    I run tracks in winter only. Yes be careful driving over anything. Cuts speed by 1/2. Really more since you run it slower. Cab is 100% required. Goes good though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.
    Member #
    How much wider are the tracks than stock tires?

is looking for mud!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbill309 View Post
    I run tracks in winter only. Yes be careful driving over anything. Cuts speed by 1/2. Really more since you run it slower. Cab is 100% required. Goes good though.
    That's the biggest drawback to tracks,... speed cut in 1/2.
    16' ACE 900 SP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links