What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset?

This is a discussion on What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset? within the ACE Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Just checked ITP's chart. They don't have SS312s that are 12x7, 4/156, and 5+2. So if this becomes more important, I will have to replace ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset?

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    Just checked ITP's chart.
    They don't have SS312s that are 12x7, 4/156, and 5+2.

So if this becomes more important, I will have to replace all four wheels, and begin my search.
    But I have a feeling it would be really hard to find this combination, and selection would be VERY limited so I might not find ones that I liked the look of with those specs.

Instead, I'm just going to hope this works out well enough.
    McAttk likes this.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    It looks great!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    HAve you guys seen these new STI wheels that are 4/156 6+1? Avail in 12" and 14"

STI's Polaris RZR 50-Inch Trail Legal Wheel Solution

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I'm not sure they'll work for the ACE though. Not much clearance in the front with those struts. Might need spacers which would blow the whole thing.

This is a 4+3 offset wheel (below). A 5+2 MIGHT fit. A 6+1? I doubt it.

Name:  Offset.jpg
Views: 2921
Size:  186.5 KB
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 03-09-2014 at 01:43 AM.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I decided to play around a bit, and I can now say with reasonable certainty that 6+1 offset will NOT work.
    I put one of the stock rears on the front. It's a 5+2 offset with a 25x10x12 tire on it.
    The wheel is, in my opinion, uncomfortably close to the strut. It's hard to see it in this photo, but there is about 3/16" of clearance in there. Any flexing or bending, and you're scraping.
    The tire is actually touching the spike they put on the strut at the base of the spring. Of course it's a 10" tire. An 8" would not touch, but it would be close, and I bet under stress, flexing around corners, it would rub.

In my opinion, the best aftermarket setup for the ACE would be 4+2 offset and 8" tires all around.
    Maybe 5+2 in the back if you want a tiny bit of sidewall bulge to protect your wheels.

Oh, I also compared a stock wheel/tire with roughly the same size STI/BigHorn.
    This is a 4.5+2.5 wheel with a 25x8x12 Dunlop on it, next to a 4+3 wheel with a 25x8x12 BigHorn on it.

Name:  5Plus1Offset25x10x12.JPG
Views: 3118
Size:  1.33 MBName:  DunlopVsBigHorn25x8x12.JPG
Views: 4437
Size:  1.53 MB
    McAttk likes this.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Scoundrel thank you so much for your groundbreaking work. Your presentation of the facts, with pictures, is outstanding. This thread will surely save people time and money on the Ace wheel and tire setups. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Scoundrel likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a question about wheels and you seem like the guy to ask. I also have an ACE and I am looking at buying some aftermarket rims and I cannot seem to get any specs for this thing. I am looking at buying a set of ITP SS212 (12x7) rims with a 4+3 back space and 28" Silverback Mudders. Polaris told me the largest tire I can get is 26" what is your take on this?

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

I don't have any direct experience with going with larger tires.
    My suspicion is that anything larger than 26" will rub on the front while turning. They crammed things in there pretty tightly to make this machine trail-narrow.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    OK, the new wheels and tires are on.
    The result is not as good as I had hoped, but better than I feared.

My new width is 52.5" in the rear, and 51" exactly in front, with barely any sidewall bulge.
    It looks like I might have been able to manage a 5+2 in the front, but it might have rubbed on the strut when the tires flex during cornering.

One of these days, I might try to find a pair of these wheels in 5+2, swap two tires out, and try them on both front and rear to see how that worked out before buying another pair.
    I guess it depends on how much trouble I have on 50" trails, and gates/bridges that are 50" wide.

Attachment 323Attachment 324Attachment 325Attachment 326
    I really like those tires. Keep noticing them everywhere. I'm not crazy about the look of the hub showing on the stock wheel, but not sure which one is suitable to use on the Ace. How are you liking the shoes so far?
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 06-24-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    There's a reason you see them everywhere. They're awesome.
    Those are Maxxis Bighorn tires. I LOVE the Bighorn tires.
    NOT the 2.0, the originals. The 2.0 version is thinner and lighter, made because some people didn't like how heavy the originals are.

Are they the best for every terrain? Nope.
    Paddles are better for sand, huge ITP MudLites are better for mud, PitBulls are better for extreme riding in razor-sharp coal rocks on the east coast.
    But if you don't want to change out your tires depending on where you will be riding, you want an excellent all-around tire that will perform pretty well in every terrain type and will last a very long time, then you get Maxxis Bighorns.

The sidewalls are stiffer than stock tires so they do less knuckling under on sidehills and sharp corners.
    That also helps avoid sidewall rips, especially if you're a few PSI low and didn't notice.

The edges of the tread blocks round off just like any other tire, but because of how big the tread blocks are, they continue to provide excellent traction well after they're rounded off.
    McAttk and Chestnut like this.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links