What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset?
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset? within the ACE Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; Rocky Mountain ATV does not yet have the Ace in its product selector, and if I buy an Ace today, the first thing I'm going ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What is the bolt pattern and wheel offset?

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #

Rocky Mountain ATV does not yet have the Ace in its product selector, and if I buy an Ace today, the first thing I'm going to want to to is remove the flimsy stock wheels/tires and put on some aftermarket ones.

If anyone knows the bolt pattern and offset, please let me know.
    I saw that someone says it's the same as the RZR, but I want some actual numbers to be sure, and I'd really appreciate it if whoever posts the numbers also lists the source.
    For example, "it's these numbers and I know it because those are the numbers for my RZR" isn't really good enough.

Not trying to be a PITA, but if I make a $700 wheel/tire purchase, I want it to be based on accurate, verified numbers.
    I'll post them up myself if the dealer is able to provide them when I buy it.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    I do know that the bolt pattern is 4/156 and I just bought a set of rims for our Ace in which the offset is 4+3. The offset and bolt pattern is the same as on my 2013 Sportsman 500HO.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I try, as a general rule, not to pick fights on a brand new forum, even though it's great for driving up the post count quickly.
    But, this is exactly what I asked people NOT to say.

You told me that the bolt pattern is 4/156, but you did not say where you got that number.
    You told me you bought a set of rims with a 4+3 offset, but not whether you've installed them successfully.
    You told me that it is the same as your Sportman 500, but not how you determined that.
    So really, I have no confirmed information to go on.

But I bought an Ace today, and although the dealer was unable to provide that information on a timely basis, I took some wheels off and measured.

As illustrated by the photos below:
    Bolt pattern is 4/156.
    Wheel width looks like 7", give or take. That's a little tricky to get an exact measurement on.
    Front wheel offset looks like 4.5+2.5.
    Rear wheel offset looks like 5+2.

The good news: As the photos show, there're not a lot of wiggle room on the front, but 4+3 is pretty close, so it will probably be OK.
    The bad news: Most of the aftermarket wheels are 4+3. That would add 2" to the wheel width. The only set of 5+2 wheels I found so far on RMATV are crazy expensive.

I just did a bit more measuring.
    Polaris lists the overall width at 48", but they're lying a little. From sidewall to sidewall in the rear, it measures 49" at the rear and 47" at the front. The widest points are the tire sidewalls.
    To get this measurement I put a tape measure on the ground as close to under the tire as I could get, put a yardstick up against the sidewalls, and nudged the tape measure until it lined up with the yardstick on one side.
    Then I went to the other side, put the yardstick against the sidewalls, and lined it up with the tape measure again to get the measurement.

I also measured how far the sidewall sticks out from the wheel. It's 0.75" per side.
    I noticed that the front sidewalls are roughly flush with the wheels. So if I go with 8" tires in the back instead of the stock 10", I might narrow it by 1.5".
    But if I widen it by 2" by putting a 4+3 offset on there, that's a net widening of 0.5".

Maybe I'm being too anal retentive at this point, and maybe 0.5" is good enough.
    But the bridges at Tahuya ORV Park are VERY tight. I have enough trouble getting my Grizzly over them at 46.5" wide. But I don't go there very often.

But, does anyone know where I see a decent selection of 5+2 wheels for reasonable prices?

Name:  FrontWiggleRoom.JPG
Views: 10320
Size:  176.7 KBName:  RearWiggleRoom.JPG
Views: 10475
Size:  216.4 KBName:  BoltPattern.JPG
Views: 10328
Size:  242.4 KBName:  FrontOffsetInside.JPG
Views: 10279
Size:  191.6 KBName:  FrontOffsetOutside.JPG
Views: 10181
Size:  231.8 KBName:  FrontWidth.JPG
Views: 10510
Size:  310.6 KBName:  RearOffsetInside.JPG
Views: 10042
Size:  211.0 KBName:  RearOffsetOutside.JPG
Views: 10081
Size:  203.5 KBName:  RearWidth.JPG
Views: 10241
Size:  287.4 KB
    McAttk likes this.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have had a lot of Polaris quads in my life time so it was very easy to take the aftermarket rims off my Sportsman 500 and try them out on my Ace for fit and clearance and then order the same bolt pattern and offset as them and yes I did install them successfully!!!
    86chris and Vandal like this.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Did you measure your vehicle width at the widest point (the sidewall bulge on the rear tires) before and after?
    I'd be interested to know those numbers. After only is fine, actually. I know the "before" now.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you are trying to get the width of yours narrower then stock then don't go with the 4+3 offset because it will make it a few inches wider....I don't have an exact measurement for you right now but it did give me a wider stance!

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I don't have a realistic choice in the matter. Aftermarket wheel sizes are pretty limited. The only 5+2 wheels I could find were way expensive.
    According to my measurements, by going with the wider offset but using skinnier tires, I should be pretty close to stock. I won't be narrower.
    chadj1980 likes this.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good luck ....The trails we ride in are for up to 50" width ORV's so hopefully they won't say anything to me on being over by a few inches! The front is ok but the back is wider!

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Normally I would not be so anal about it - but there is a trail system nearby that has VERY narrow bridges.
    If I don't approach it just right and pay close attention, I scrape my fenders on the high metal sides of the bridge - on my 46.5" Grizzly 700.
    I don't know if the ACE will make it.
    McAttk likes this.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    OK, the new wheels and tires are on.
    The result is not as good as I had hoped, but better than I feared.

My new width is 52.5" in the rear, and 51" exactly in front, with barely any sidewall bulge.
    It looks like I might have been able to manage a 5+2 in the front, but it might have rubbed on the strut when the tires flex during cornering.

One of these days, I might try to find a pair of these wheels in 5+2, swap two tires out, and try them on both front and rear to see how that worked out before buying another pair.
    I guess it depends on how much trouble I have on 50" trails, and gates/bridges that are 50" wide.

Name:  NewFrontWheel.JPG
Views: 10352
Size:  282.1 KBName:  NewRearWheel.JPG
Views: 11066
Size:  322.1 KBName:  NewWheels.JPG
Views: 10782
Size:  359.6 KBName:  NewWidth.JPG
Views: 9952
Size:  270.1 KB
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 06-23-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Update on overall width: I measured wrong
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links