Tires for Now Plowing - help
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Tires for Now Plowing - help

This is a discussion on Tires for Now Plowing - help within the ACE Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Polaris ACE Garage category; I just purchased a ace 570 to plow my long driveway. Added a plow kit with all the Polaris accessories and man I am very ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tires for Now Plowing - help

This user has no status.

Member #

Angry Tires for Now Plowing - help

I just purchased a ace 570 to plow my long driveway. Added a plow kit with all the Polaris accessories and man I am very disappointed and could really use some advice from those who use theirs to plow.

Currently the machine has a 2” lift with 28” x 10 x 14 Rock a billy tires and wheels. It gets very little traction to plow, I cannot turn when pushing show. I have the original tires and wheels, should I put them back on?

I am not familiar with these tires as I am not really an avid user of the machine other than for a workhorse around the property. I never even drove it with the original tires. It came from the previous owner with this setup.

12” of light fluffy snow today, worked terrible

6” of wet snow last week, about the same results

This user has no status.

Member #
    Pics of the setup and tires
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looking at your tires I'm surprised they don't dig the snow. But there are mud tires and snow tires. Snow tires are a different tread pattern and rubber compound for gripping. I've heard that Maxxis Ceros or Kanti Mongrels work good for plowing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    Looking at your tires I'm surprised they don't dig the snow. But there are mud tires and snow tires. Snow tires are a different tread pattern and rubber compound for gripping. I've heard that Maxxis Ceros or Kanti Mongrels work good for plowing.
    I think it’s because they are so large and are flat rather than coned. The oem tires worked better but it would be nice to get something specific for plowing. Thanks for the recommendation, I will look into it

This user has no status.

Member #
    2015 Ace 570 and I still have my original tires and upgraded OEM Ace 2017 SP wheels. I use a 52” plow. It does well unless you get a lot of snow. For instance this last snow storm dropped 22” and I tried plowing up and down my driveway and ended up getting stuck twice. So I ended up plowing from side to side starting at the top and working down the driveway. Like anything you have to learn it’s limits and what you can and can’t do.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good Lord Papa my pickup and plow would have a hard time plowing 22". We had a forcast of 18"-24" and ended up with about 10" so we dodged a bullet. What part of NC are you in to get that kind of snow like Spruce Pine or Blow Rock ??
    Back to the snow tires Copper weather master AT/2 I think they are called. I run cooper M&S snow tires on my plow truck but I think the AT/2 come in 14". Thos are the true snow tires not a UTV tire like the Maxxis or Mongeral.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by stainlessman; 01-21-2019 at 03:02 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good Lord Papa my pickup and plow would have a hard time plowing 22". We had a forcast of 18"-24" and ended up with about 10" so we dodged a bullet. What part of NC are you in to get that kind of snow like Spruce Pine or Blow Rock ??
    Back to the snow tires Copper weather master AT/2 I think they are called. I run cooper M&S snow tires on my plow truck but I think the AT/2 come in 14". Thos are the true snow tires not a UTV tire like the Maxxis or Mongeral.
    Hope this helps.
    This helps, I swapped to the oem tires and wheels and much better. I think with some true snow tires it would be great.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Live in Alleghany County, middle top of state right on Virginia line off Blue Ridge Parkway
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Live in Alleghany County, North Western part of state right on Virginia line off Blue Ridge Parkway

This user has no status.

Member #
    With the rock tires shown I didn’t think my 570 would clear the driveway. I thought I was going to have to call someone. Not power limited just traction. It would move a few feet then spin. Then when I got going a good speed with the blade angled I would be at a 45deg angle as the rear was kicked out. I have the Polaris 66” glacier poly blade, as you can see. Maybe it’s a tad large. I am going to try to add salt, sand or maybe even 2 concrete bags in the rear cargo. I also have a problem turning, the front will walk all over the place and go where it wants. Hard to add weight up front as I won’t be able to see anything. Maybe a piece of 1” plate steel on the front cargo rack. It’s definitely better with oem tires vs those rocks. I will be dismounting the rocks and seeing if I can find some good tires that are 27or 28” but only 8” wide vs the 10”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links