Dura Clutch Installed
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Dura Clutch Installed

This is a discussion on Dura Clutch Installed within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Finally got the time today to install a Dura Clutch on my Ace 570 that I bought for my daughter. Went for a short ride ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stainlessman

Thread: Dura Clutch Installed

This user has no status.

Member #

Dura Clutch Installed

Finally got the time today to install a Dura Clutch on my Ace 570 that I bought for my daughter. Went for a short ride after the install. I love the engine braking just like the Dura Clutch I have on my Ranger. I zipped around and went up and down my driveway
    going 30-40 mph and letting right off the gas completely. I didn't roll over or snap my neck or hit my face on the steering wheel. I just slowed gradually. At 5 or 10 mph the clutch braking is more noticeable. I headed down the atv trail out back for a mile or so and then headed back home. Foot on the gas and never having to touch the brake at all. My daughter drives slow anyway and she'll get used to driving it and never really know the clutch has been changed anyway.
    So today I installed the Dura Clutch. Then the front bumpa, then the folding windshield, then the Siezmik mirrors, then the rear cargo box. The only other thing I might add is a roof. Canvas or plastic I'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    UPfreebird likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looks nice, I have the same one!
    Would you tell me the install procedure specifically the bot torque on each one? I took the rear one off just to clean it up real good and get access to the front clutch and put a new belt on but I don't know the bolt torque specs. Or if there's any special procedure tightening them back on. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    The secondary is torqued at 45 ft lbs. The primary clutch is torqued at 60 ft lbs.
    The stock secondary seems very flimsy compared to the dura clutch secondary. This weekend I'll pull the clutches on my ranger and clean them and start my spring maintance on that.

Sponsored Links