Starting issues
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Starting issues

This is a discussion on Starting issues within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Stored My 570 Last fall in my buddies Storage place And never got around Winterizing it. Started right up this spring But would quit after ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stainlessman

Thread: Starting issues

This user has no status.

Member #

Starting issues

Stored My 570 Last fall in my buddies Storage place And never got around Winterizing it. Started right up this spring But would quit after a minute And after repeated attempts It just wouldn't stay running. I stored it with 87 octane 10% ethanol and never treated The gas like a fool So I drained it down and put a couple gallons of premium with some sea foam and it still wouldn't go drained it down again and same issue. Low mileage machine with 300 miles on it I'm just looking for suggestions What else to try.

is looking for mud!

Member #
    Was just gonna say you have too much water in the gas,.. but you said you changed that out a few times.
    Hmm. Maybe you have a mouse/rodent nest in there somewhere.

Next winter,.. fire it up each month.
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    I use Stabil 360 or Stabile red storage. Even during the season with the crappy ethanol gas we have to buy I dump in some Stabil 360 to help the engine.
    As far as Dog's problem. Drain it completely. Get some regular non-ethanol if you can and a can of fuel injector cleaner. Put the battery on a charger if you can so its got plenty of juice and keep trying it. But it sounds like your on the right track.
    I've seen equipment , autos, atv's ect stored for 12 months with Stabil and the fuel is fine.
    Last edited by stainlessman; 05-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    rockman likes this.
    2015 Ace 570, flip hard coat windshield, dura clutch, cargo box, seizmik mirrors, Polaris power steering kit

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'm not totally sure that it's a fuel problem but what else could it be because it ran Just fine before I Put it to bed for the winter. I actually had some running issues last summer And it was totally a fuel issue. Took the machine on a trip last year and 2 weeks prior I had been running in some Relatively deep water and it wasn't running right for about the first 5 miles. Drained the tank down And the fuel looked awful Then putting fresh In it ran perfect for almost 200 miles and then I put it down for the winter.
    I have blown the tank out 2 times and put fresh premium in with stabile And it's still a no go But fortunately I found out I have a Polaris mechanic About 2 miles away That's gonna look at it for me on the side.

Sponsored Links