New to the forum - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New to the forum

This is a discussion on New to the forum within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; I too have a 2015 570 Ace. Tell her to be careful with the gas pedal, if you push it you will go really fast ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New to the forum

This user has no status.

Member #
    I too have a 2015 570 Ace. Tell her to be careful with the gas pedal, if you push it you will go really fast real quick! That thing will go anywhere with in reason. And she will beable to go about 140 miles on a tank of gas in high range and about 100 in low too. Have fun and be careful. If you are ever in Southwest Washington look me up and I can show you some real nice areas to ride in with lots of mud, tight trails and places you can camp while you ride.
    Mudder2 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Name:  4C0E6D44-2663-4B4D-A959-258984CC5969.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  422.2 KBNice ride, have one also and easy on the gas. Lower doors work great and storage bags and audio pod on clearance price from Polaris Ace Accessories a good deal if you don’t already have them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder2 View Post
    Name:  4C0E6D44-2663-4B4D-A959-258984CC5969.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  422.2 KBNice ride, have one also and easy on the gas. Lower doors work great and storage bags and audio pod on clearance price from Polaris Ace Accessories a good deal if you don’t already have them.
    I am purchasing the under roof audio for her as I have one in my Yamaha Viking. We are planning a ride this weekend "weather pending" in north east Ohio this weekend

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you want to make life easy on yourself when running the wiring harness through the roll cage, get some twine/string and shove a whole bunch of it through the hole at the bottom of the roll bar tubing. Then put a bend on the end of a piece of stiff wire to form a hook, and push this wire down through the hole at the top of the tubing. Use the hooked end to pull the twine/string up to the top of the tubing, then connect the string/twine to the wiring harness and pull it back down through the tubing. I’ve installed two audio units using this approach and it took all of two minutes per vehicle.

This user has no status.

Member #
    We got to take the Ace out the last couple weekends and my wife loves it, I took the 27" mud lite tires off and put the stickers on but wasn't impressed with the stock tires so I found a deal on some new Maxxis Bighorn takeoffs and they are perfect. Here are some pics from the last 2 rides and all cleaned up after words

UPfreebird and Kodiak like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Here are the clean pics

UPfreebird likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    What size are the Bighorns? I would like to get a set for mine but don't want to go taller and loose bottom end power.

Thats exactly what I bought and with the same miles from a guy whos daughter prefered her horse. I've done a few other mods since....

Last edited by Kodiak; 06-24-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    RZR 1000 seat w/PRP Harness
    Factory doors w/PRP door bags
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    What size are the Bighorns? I would like to get a set for mine but don't want to go taller and loose bottom end power.

Thats exactly what I bought and with the same miles from a guy whos daughter prefered her horse. I've done a few other mods since....

25x8x12 fronts and 25x10x12 rears, I think they hook up better than the stockers and are still very nice light weight. The other tires I have are ITP mud lite 27x9x14 and 27x11x14 and I honestly think they are to heavy for this machine. Here is a couple pics to compare

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, there is no way I would put 27's on mine, 26's maybe. I went that route several years ago with a Yamaha Kodiak 400, hence my user name. Put taller/heavier more aggressive tires on it and lost almost 15 mph top end. Plus it was a pig accelerating and climbing the mountains here in Nevada. Rode it once with them and sold them. The big tires look great and give more clearance, but don't work well on smaller machines without a lot of clutching mods. Your wifes Ace looks great with the Bighorns. Are they 2.0's?
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    RZR 1000 seat w/PRP Harness
    Factory doors w/PRP door bags
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #

New to the forum

FYI, if Brandy does any winter riding in snow/icy conditions, watch out for trailing throttle spin-outs.

My wife and two friends all have ACE 570s and quickly found out the rear spins out without warning if letting off the gas too fast.

Unlike the Sportsman quads, which are fairly weight balanced, the ACE is tail heavy (like a Porsche 911) and wants to oversteer at the least provocation.

Not a defect, just a handling characteristic to be aware of.
    Last edited by Barney556180; 06-28-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    pgiannetto likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links