Ace 570 on a 48" wide trailer?
Close
Login to Your Account
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Ace 570 on a 48" wide trailer? within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Just ordered a new 2019 Ace 570 and I'm curious if it will fit on a 48" x 96" trailer. The website says the Ace ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Papa-t
  • 2 Post By UPfreebird
  • 2 Post By MarkF

Thread: Ace 570 on a 48" wide trailer?

This user has no status.

Member #

Just ordered a new 2019 Ace 570 and I'm curious if it will fit on a 48" x 96" trailer. The website says the Ace itself is 90" x 48", so while I know it will be tight the question is would it fit?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Your ATV highly likely to be rubbing tyres against the trailer if it has sides at 48" since the Polaris is 48" wide? Length all good.

My trailer width a comfy 54" wide and 96" long.

This user has no status.

Member #
    They are wider than 48 inches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    IMO I would get a little bit bigger trailer. I had a 4x8 trailer when I had a quad but with the Ace tires where up on the side rails. And also engine is towards the back which gives you little to no tongue weight. For example if your overall weight with Ace and trailer combined is lets say 1,500 lb. you should have 150lb. tongue weight. If you back it on you would have all tongue weight and not much on trailer. With a smaller trailer you have no way to compensate for the weight distribution. I know for a fact no tongue weight going 65 on the highway is not safe. When I bought my Ace I got a 5x8 Sure Trac trailer so it would "fit" had it for a year. It was nasty going down the road. Went to a Aluma trailer dealer with my ace on and was talking to the guy at the shop and was looking at my Ace on the Sure Trac trailer and he looked at me and asked How is that going down the road? And I laughed and said it was like driving on the edge of an envelope. He could tell by looking at it that it wasn't right. All said and done got a 6x10 Aluma tilt trailer and all issues are gone. Don't even know it's behind you. IMO it's all about weight distribution and safety going down the road. Just my 2 cents......

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just measured mine at 53" across the back tires, which are 26X11.00R12, and on aftermarket wheels which may or may not have the same backspacing as stock wheels. I recall hearing that the 48" measurement is from outside wheel rim to outside wheel rim, so there's that, and tires always bulge out from the rims at least a little. I'm going to say you need to do some measuring, that it's not likely to fit, and you may need a different trailer. This assumes the trailer has non-removable walls or sides, and you can't just let the tires hang over a couple inches.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 5x8 trailer for my 570. I do know it will fit in the bed of a 2500 Chevrolet. But I do use “DG EX FULL SIZE TAILGATE SUPPORTS BARS FOR HEAVY CARGO ATV UTV”.
    Mudder2 likes this.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsouthnz View Post
    Your ATV highly likely to be rubbing tyres against the trailer if it has sides at 48" since the Polaris is 48" wide? Length all good.

My trailer width a comfy 54" wide and 96" long.
    Thanks for all the replies. My trailer is a flatbed no sides and it is is like 54" to the fender flares/wheel covers. Short term i wont be doing much highway towing, just local roads.

is looking for mud!

Member #
    No sides on your trailer? You will be fine. Just secure it down really good.
    I assume you do not have a truck,... cuz the Ace will fit inside a truck bed with the tailgate down,... no problem.
    AlJohnson and SDSPANKS like this.
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by UPfreebird View Post
    No sides on your trailer? You will be fine. Just secure it down really good.
    I assume you do not have a truck,... cuz the Ace will fit inside a truck bed with the tailgate down,... no problem.
    Correct - My tow vehicle is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 Door)
    UPfreebird and AlJohnson like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ditto what Kman said about the weight at the back of a smaller trailer.. We have a smaller 4ft by 7ftish flat top trailer the wheels stick out either side of the 4 ft . Load bed is about 14 inches off the ground so low c/g.. Its made for 3 dirt bikes has three channels the wheels of the bikes go in I made up a couple infill pieces of lumber to fill the outside channels up so the aces tyres wouldn't get damaged and loaded our ace onto it the tyres hung out the side a bit but the weight at the back so not so much fun at about 50/60 mph it would start swaying etc .. was the first and last time I moved the Ace this way.. we have an 8 by 5 tandem (two axle)box trailer that our 6x6 Argo just fits inside neatly I use this if the Ace needs moving place to place.. Good luck

Sponsored Links