New to the Ace world looking for some info.
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on New to the Ace world looking for some info. within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; I want to change the antifreeze on my Ace 570 but I can't find a drain bolt anywhere should I just take off the bottom ...

Thread: New to the Ace world looking for some info.

Rj1
    This user has no status.

Member #

I want to change the antifreeze on my Ace 570 but I can't find a drain bolt anywhere should I just take off the bottom hose to drain it ? The manual saids to ride in low is that right every thing I ride I ride in high and use low only when I need it like going up a big hill or in the mud . The transmission fluid is there something I could get at autozone instead of the Polaris brand same thing goes for the Demand Drive and antifreeze .

This user has no status.

Member #
    You drain the antifreeze by removing the lower radiator hose.
    I believe the manual. Makes sense to me that the belt will wear faster if using high range at low speeds. I usually am in low if speeds will be below about 15MPH, and high if above that.

This user has no status.

Member #
    My 570 Owners Manual says the following: (see picture). So, I ride mine in high unless I’m loading or towing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Rj1
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Aljohson. That's what I thought but I was not sure on the antifreeze . Thanks
    Papa-t . That's the way I usually drive but when I red it in the manual to ride in low for normal ridding it didn't seem right to me . Thank you for the information .

This user has no status.

Member #
    I don't know where you ride or the kind of trails you ride on but for most normal trail riding you need to be in low just like all Polaris vehicles.
    If you ride mostly flat roads or flat open fields high would be okay but for curvy up and down stuff low range is where you need to be.
    My average speed is 6-8 mph.

This user has no status.

Member #
    There’s a big difference riding in Low/High between the 570’s and 900’s.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 570.

Rj1
    This user has no status.

Member #
    My ridding is both open fields and on mountain trails . So for the open field ill keep it in high and in the woods ill put it in low .
    I changed all my fluids on my 570 but when I drained the antifreeze I only got about 12oz out of it . I took the top and bottom hoses off the manual saids the system takes 96oz . Is there somewhere else I should be draining it . The owners manul does not say we're to drain the antifreeze from . I did order a shop manual off ebay.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have both a 2015 ACE 570 and 2015 Rzr 900 Trail. It if will lug the engine at low speed in high gear, so that the belt might slip, I down shift. If I'm going up a steep incline while going slow, I go to low gear. Particularly if I'm going up it from a stand still. Otherwise, I run high. 1k miles on ACE and 2k on Rzr. Still running original belts. I mostly explore old back country logging roads in the mountains.

This user has no status.

Member #
    On hilly wooded trails and muddy conditions, I ride less than 20 mph and use low for some engine braking when I tap the gas. Level dry ground its hi, regardless of speed.

Sponsored Links