New to me 2015 570SP
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New to me 2015 570SP

This is a discussion on New to me 2015 570SP within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Been lurking here on and off for a couple years. Couldn't decide between a 570 or a 900. I'm 61, and realized who am I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New to me 2015 570SP

This user has no status.

Member #

New to me 2015 570SP

Been lurking here on and off for a couple years. Couldn't decide between a 570 or a 900. I'm 61, and realized who am I kidding wanting a 900 for my first ever ATV/UTV. So I broke down and got a 2015 570SP. I had to drive to LA from the SF/Bay area to find one (350 miles). It's in fair shape, has a few scratches/fading. The floor board and rocker panel on the left side was a bit crunched - so I "welded" it back together. The dealer said the Walker/Evans shocks on it are an upgrade the PO installed. Is this true? I believe that some of the newer Ace's have them (900XP?). He also threw in some very light weight (aluminum?) bumpers. They don't protect a lot compared to others I've seen, but It had nothing so I figured WTH. Anyway, I'm tickled with it and can't wait to take it for a nice ride!
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    AlJohnson and Mudder2 like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Loos nice!! enjoy.

Yes the on the 570 those shocks are an upgrade.

The polaris front bumper guard is much bigger providing more coverage. If you will be riding in a heavy tree area it is worth considering.

You already have a half front windshield which is great. You might want to consider the back windshield as well. As a combination it cuts down on the dust coming into the cab.
    JBeasty likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Congrats on the 570. You should be fine with power. I have a 570 and ride with friends that have rzr 900 and 1000’s and I keep up with them just fine. Unless your racing you won’t see much difference anyway. IMO
    JBeasty likes this.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    No racing here. Just putting around in the woods is my plan.

This user has no status.

Member #

polaris extreme brush guard

If you are looking to ride in thick bush where you need to push through small trees, buy a better bullbar as the extreme brush guard doesnt protect around the lower front of the ACE570, the cheap alloy will break.
    I have the extreme brush guard and a winch, and I need to weld on more bars to protect below the polaris extreme brush guard as i have already broke the plastic guards around the winch area.
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,
    High Lifter 2inch lift, Koplin gun rack, FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K396Y, gopro 5

This user has no status.

Member #

image of area not protected

Name:  20190404_100324 20%.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  180.4 KB

image of area not protected
    Polaris front and rear bars, half doors, winch and swing arm protection, MASSFX SAW 26"Tires, 15"Inch 450W Philips Light Bar,
    High Lifter 2inch lift, Koplin gun rack, FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K396Y, gopro 5

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good to know, I'll re-evaluate my bumper situation when I find out how crazy I want to get. I'm an old fart.
    How do you like your MASSFX SAW 26" Tires? Are they also a tad wider too? Are they very heavy. Any perceivable power loss? I've been eyeing them on Amazon/ebay, along with the Wandas and SunF. They're so much cheaper then the name brand tires. And I'm cheap...

This user has no status.

Member #

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JBeasty View Post
    No racing here. Just putting around in the woods is my plan.
    I am in your age bracket, and bought a brand new 2018 500 for $4000 complete with 1 mile on the odometer and Polaris brush guards front and rear. Plenty satisfied. It meets my financial goals, fits on my 4 x 8 trailer, is light enough to be towed by my Prius, has plenty of power, and is red. There are some things I won't climb when my buddy with a 900 can, but I am no fool. I might be able to make it up those slopes, but have no desire to test limits like I did when I was younger and into fast vehicles and playing the stock and commodities markets.

The only issues I have is that I would like a wider stance to provide added stability on those rare occasions I have to traverse across a slope, and a few more inches of clearance would be nice. I built my own top and rack on the back (from a Harbor Freight Car Top Carrier and 1/2 inch conduit, added lights, a winch, and a few other things. Many of the mounting brackets are custom designed 3-D printed using an Elegoo Mars 3D polymer printer, including a shovel mount for the cage.

The main thing I wanted was a reliable (therefore new) vehicle capable of running the desert around the Colorado River in SoCal for as little as possible. Mostly trail and roads. So the 500 is fine for me.
    JBeasty likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I made a custom wider than after market dark lexan top for mine and added a windshield among other things for my 570. I wanted the extra wide top as a shield against both sun and rain. The ACE will get an easy 25mpg where my friends 65hp 900 only gets in the 16mpg range. That makes a huge distance between fill-ups with only a 5 gallon tank. I find the 45hp to be plenty to have a lot of fun and it takes me any place I want to go.

I also have a Rzr 900 trail that I ride most of the time. 88hp with upgrade exhaust. I love it for the extra power and ability to have a rider with me. 16mpg on it is ok because it has a 10 gallon tank. They are completely different machines to drive. The Rzr even has a sharper turning radius. I like the more narrow machines for my sort of riding. Your machine is great but if you want more power - step up to a Rzr. I use my ACE for when I take couples riding. My ACE will do almost 60 with windshield. My Rzr a lot faster but most of my riding is between 15 & 25 mph so 60 mph is more than enough.

Please don't forget to move your voltage regular or clean it after every ride to keep it from burning out. Attached is a picture of my roof with light bar protector. The factory headlights suck.

Name:  Polaris Ace 07 800.JPG
Views: 19
Size:  142.0 KB
    JBeasty likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Whitman, I'm with you - Learned how to go fast and crash in my 20s. Don't feel the need for thrills as much these days. I may go a little wider and taller with tires and wheels (or spacers), but I'm not after more than a couple-few inches.

Billmay, nice work! I'm retired and recently took a welding class at the local community college. I think I may have been older than the instructor... In any case, I'm itchin to fab something for my Ace, just not sure what yet. Maybe something to protect the voltage regulator. Not much area to mount anything in that tight space - in front of the rear tire

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links