Belts-do they break like those on SXS? Spares
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Belts-do they break like those on SXS? Spares within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Thinking about the belt and a spare. Does it break as easy as others, or do the smaller weights and better belts mean that there ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Belts-do they break like those on SXS? Spares

This user has no status.

Member #

Thinking about the belt and a spare. Does it break as easy as others, or do the smaller weights and better belts mean that there are fewer belt problems than a side by side? After break in.

What other spares only for the Ace 570 do you carry? I carry straps, tools, wrenches, hi-lifter, belts and other parts on my Wildcat when we go riding. Wonder what to add for the Ace 570.

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    Any CVT that is abused will break/burn belts. The 325 and 570 ACE are probably less prone to it, but the 900 will probably see a lot of burned/snapped belts from people putting huge tires on it and/or drag racing.
    I carried a spare belt with my ACE, and the tools to change it. But never needed it.

https://www.aceforums.net/forum/13-ac...-your-ace.html

https://www.aceforums.net/forum/13-ac...ent-trail.html
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thank you! That's a great link.

I have most of all that stuff, plus a 12 V extension cord for the air pump. I am making that water pump sprayer for the front of the ACE someone recommended. The radiator is very exposed to plugging.
    Scoundrel and plumbstraight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Being a new Ace owner, have to ask, does it come with a tool kit and if so, where is it? Every bike I have has one. Having to take enough tools to do a teardown, replace belt, on the trail sure doesn't give a person much confidence.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The Ace tool kit should be stored under the front storage box in a black pouch. Well that is where my one was from new.
    Jrossiar likes this.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Yeah, that's where it should be, but since it is not tucked away all safe under the seat like ATVs, it tends to go missing before the ACE reaches the end user. Ask the dealer for it.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Being a new Ace owner, have to ask, does it come with a tool kit and if so, where is it? Every bike I have has one. Having to take enough tools to do a teardown, replace belt, on the trail sure doesn't give a person much confidence.
    I have never had to change a belt in 20 years of riding Polaris and I personally don't know anyone else that has either.
    I don't worry about it too much.
    Maybe I am not doing something right.

is Trying to keep the rubber side
    down!

Member #
    I carry a spare belt and the tools to change it out on the trail. I did the same with my sportsman 800 but never had to do it. I just change the belt at 100 hours(it still looks in good shape with little wear) and keep the old one with the machine for a spare.It gives me peace of mind knowing I have a belt with me if it breaks in the middle of no-where. Low-range is your friend when it comes to long belt life,when in doubt at low speeds-use it!
    bill albion likes this.
    '15 voodoo blue 570,factory full doors,roof,rear storage box,2500lb. winch,rear sway bar removed,ace 900 rear springs,custom seat mods,custom suspension bushings,27" maxxis zilla tires,itp delta steel wheels,factory front and rear brush guards,custom radiator guard,factory fender flares,custom exhaust,dobeck ejk fuel controller,fiamm "freeway blaster"horn,other stuff!

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    My friend burned a belt in his Grizzly at the Paiute trail. I think he wasn't using low gear enough during the climbs. We had a spare and the tools to change it, which saved us from a pretty difficult ordeal of dragging him back to town and hoping we could find a belt within a 100 mile radius, or leaving the rig up there. It's a small thing to pack a spare belt and tools, and potentially very beneficial.
    Mungo likes this.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Is the OEM belt the best option?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links