Lights
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Lights

This is a discussion on Lights within the ACE 570 forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Just a quick question Can I tap into my headlight wiring on my ace 570 to light up my accessory lights with the same switch. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lights

This user has no status.

Member #

Lights

Just a quick question Can I tap into my headlight wiring on my ace 570 to light up my accessory lights with the same switch. Or would I be wiser to just run new wires to a new switch ?

is Trying to keep the rubber side
    down!

Member #
    I would run separate wiring with it's own fuse and switch. This gives you the option of using the lights separately and each lighting circuit is protected by it's own fuse in case of a short in the circuit. You can use the terminal block under the cover in the front storage area to supply either key on power or constant battery power to supply your lights and I would run a in-line fuse holder between the power supply and your switch.
    Vandal likes this.
    '15 voodoo blue 570,factory full doors,roof,rear storage box,2500lb. winch,rear sway bar removed,ace 900 rear springs,custom seat mods,custom suspension bushings,27" maxxis zilla tires,itp delta steel wheels,factory front and rear brush guards,custom radiator guard,factory fender flares,custom exhaust,dobeck ejk fuel controller,fiamm "freeway blaster"horn,other stuff!

is Waiting for the next ride

Member #
    [QUOTE=polarbear;78194]I would run separate wiring with it's own fuse and switch. This gives you the option of using the lights separately and each lighting circuit is protected by it's own fuse in case of a short in the circuit. You can use the terminal block under the cover in the front storage area to supply either key on power or constant battery power to supply your lights and I would run a in

I Agree^^^^^^ The switched power is already protected by a 20 amp fuse but an inline fuse will give the circuit a little more protection. I have my auxiliary lights wired exactly as Polarbear described. I run a 10 amp fuse inline and have had no problems running 72watts of LED cube lights. LED lights don't need much as far as fuses. My lights total wattage only draws 5-6 amps. Large light bars still draw very low amperage. Id use 1.5 amps for every 20 watts in figuring your fuse needs for your LED lights and you will be very close to knowing what size fuse you need to run inline. It works for me. Good luck
    polarbear likes this.
    2016 RZR 570 EPS Trail with EBS and turf mode
    Sunset red
    Quadboss roof
    F+R windshields
    Polaris cargo box
    Polaris low profile front and rear brushguards
    SS212 wheels
    Maxxis ceros tires 26X9X12 and 26X11X12
    20 inch light bar
    Badland 3500# winch with Moto-alliance winch mount
    Mudbusters fender flares
    Highlifter 2 inch lift kit
    Polaris A Arm Guards
    Yearban piggyback shocks

Departed friends
    2001 Kawasaki Bayou300 4X4
    2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    2015 Polaris Ace 570

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    is feeling awesome.

Member #
    Run new wires and a dedicated switch per LED bar.

I would wire to the keyed power terminal under the door in the front of the ACE.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Best to leave the stock wiring for the ACE and add new wiring for all add-on accessories. Last thing you want is a short melting the stock wiring. I installed a second power block behind seat, identical to the front power block. Much easier than having to run long wires all the way from front & under machine to rear accessories. Accessories now only require short wiring that keeps things tidy & also gives good clean power. Second block is wired same way as front block.
    Name:  wt-4sjb.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  203.4 KB
    Last edited by MaxximusDesimus; 11-04-2016 at 02:52 AM.
    polarbear and Vandal like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    okay now the question is ? if I go with a 12 light bar by creed will it line up with the holes on the front bumper. Also what watt do I go for is 72 plenty to light up the woods. Thanks in advance for helping a ace 570 owner out.
    DIGAF likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You'll need to find mount to mount measurements of the planned light bar. Most I've bought off Amazon up to 22" had adjustable-width sliding mount brackets. If you go with that type, it will fit...you have the Polaris front brush guard?
    I'd go by the lumens brightness rating rather than watts as some use smaller CREE chips. Most 72watt bars are 12" using 3watt CREE chips with around 5000 lumens brightness, that should be plenty bright compared to the stock headlights.
    You just need to decide if you want the spot, flood or combo beam. Either will put out a blinding pure white light. Personally I'd go with a combo beam on the roof & spot beams on the front bumper.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Name:  IMG_2103.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  1.75 MBYes I have the Polaris front and rear bumpers about putting on roof we have some Low hanging branches that I'd be afraid would knock it offName:  IMG_2062.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  2.46 MBName:  IMG_2062.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  2.46 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chfc2; 11-14-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    is feeling awesome.

Member #
    Consider spot cubes on the bumper, and a flood bar on the roof.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Currently roof has 32" curved, 180watt, 18000 lumens bar in combo beam. Front bumper has two 18watt, 1260 lumens cubes in flood beam. Crazy insane lighting, but roof bar puts out perfect flood lighting that bumper needs spots for more long range lighting. I'm replacing the flood cubes with same 12", 72watt, 5000 lumens bar in spot beam. Combo or flood beams should mount up high for area lighting, spots should mount low for long range ground path lighting.
    The flood cubes will then mount to rear of cage, aimed forward/side for perfect rock lighting.

From running heavy equipment on tight trails with occasional trees/branches being kicked up & coming into the cab, I can honestly say there's nothing better than having the entire area all around your machine lit up like a stadium!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links