Running list of problems encountered with my (2) ACE 900 SP machines
Close
Login to Your Account
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Running list of problems encountered with my (2) ACE 900 SP machines within the ACE 900 SP forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Starting this thread to help others troubleshoot by showing what has broken on my two ACE 900 SP machines. These are both driven by my ...

Thread: Running list of problems encountered with my (2) ACE 900 SP machines

This user has no status.

Member #

Starting this thread to help others troubleshoot by showing what has broken on my two ACE 900 SP machines. These are both driven by my teenage girls so they are not competitively raced but not exactly paraded around either. At opening of this thread 8/16/18, both machines have about 1300 miles on them.

Note: Purchase both Aces new from Abernathy in August of 2016 with 4 year extended warranty by Torgue Group. Overall pleased with what has been covered at no cost. Servicing dealer mentioned the warranty people are very easy to work with.

Oct. 2017:
    #1 ACE:
    Problem: Intermittent power steering not working, check engine light on.
    Fix: Dealer replaced voltage regulator under Xwarranty.

Spring 2017:
    #2 Ace:
    Problem: Battery keeps draining down.
    Fix: Dealer replaced battery ($170) just to be able to test anything with a known good battery (warranty did not cover). Replaced voltage regulator under Xwarranty.
    Both Aces:
    Problem: Slack in some of the steering ball joints.
    Fix: Dealer changed (1) of the ball joints on one machine, (warranty did not cover). I would have changed myself had I known the warranty would not cover this.

July 2018:
    #1 ACE:
    Problem: Fuel pump completely quit working.
    Fix: Dealer replaced fuel pump assembly under Xwarranty.
    #2 ACE:
    Problem: Cranks but no start. Changed spark plugs, still no start.
    Fix: Dealer replaced crank position sensor under Xwarranty.
    Last edited by highpocket74; 09-11-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

This user has no status.

Member #
    Sorry to hear about all the problems. Wonder if having a voltage regulator protector on the machines would have helped?

This user has no status.

Member #
    September 2018:
    Changed the left steering tie rod end on one Ace #2 and the right tie-rod end on Ace #1. Both had in my book unacceptable slack in the joint that could be felt through the steering. I did not like that at all. Plus they became a weak link in the steering that I'd rather not experience breaking on the trail. Good news is that since the last dealer visit in August, both have been running very well. School has started so the riding has slacked off quite a bit from the daily summer break riding around the house.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    September 2018 (cont'd.), 1500 miles:
    Replaced all lower front a-arm bushings on both machines with All Balls Racing brand. Stockers were just shot causing the remainder of the steering slack feeling after tie-rod ends were changed. Now the front end feels new on both machines.

The a-arm bushing setup is goofy for those that will have to change bushings at some time. Instead of the long bolt like RZR 800 that went all the way through a-arm mount, the ACE has an internal rod with a bolt on each end through the mounts. Well, both of the bolts are standard right hand thread! I had to break both bolts loose one at a time, then only remove 1 bolt while the second bolt was tight enough to remove the first bolt. Then I had to wedge a screwdriver between the mount and bushing to hold the new unbolted side tight enough to remove the second bolt. Tightening the bolts was not a problem.

You will have to disconnect the swat bar from a-arms at both ends so that you can swing the a-arm out of the mounts. An easy process except for removing the bolts.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good information, thanks!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Nov. 24, 2018
    Just an FYI...
    During trail ride one ACE lost the throttle response. It started and idled fine but nothing from the throttle and the power steering was killed. Disconnected battery on the trail to reset the computer and fixed the throttle immediately. Few minutes later power steering was working. No more problems the rest of the day.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

This user has no status.

Member #
    Dec. 7, 2018
    Picked up my #2 ACE after a replacement fuel pump assembly. Both machines are on their second fuel pump. Polaris has a new part number so something was changed about the fuel pumps. Hope that is the end of fuel pump problems for a while!!
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

This user has no status.

Member #
    March 2019
    Ace #1 steering rack and pinion is shot at 1600 miles. Turning produces a grinding and binding sound. Back to the shop!

Fixed under warranty, no problem.

Something to watch out for:
    3/31/19 afternoon ride we did run into a problem where the front diff. vent tube fell out of place and got wrapped into radiator fan, causing the fan circuit to overload and put the ACE in limp mode. Removed and replaced fuse/circuit breaker after removing the hose from fan, then restart and everything went back to normal. Zip tied the hose in place to prevent happening again.
    Last edited by highpocket74; 04-01-2019 at 05:48 AM.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000

Sponsored Links