Ecu Tune, Clutch Kit, Exhaust, and wheel spacers
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Ecu Tune, Clutch Kit, Exhaust, and wheel spacers within the ACE 900 SP forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Well guys I finally pulled the trigger on getting more hp out of the ace 900sp. I have ordered, Dynojet Power Vision 3 Ecu tuner ...

Thread: Ecu Tune, Clutch Kit, Exhaust, and wheel spacers

is I want to go fast

Member #

Well guys I finally pulled the trigger on getting more hp out of the ace 900sp. I have ordered,
    Dynojet Power Vision 3 Ecu tuner from RVS with there stage 2 Tune
    Big Gun Exo Stainless Exhaust
    Epi Clutch kit for 27/28 inch tires.
    Slp wheel spacers 1"3/4 hubcentric

So i when with the Dynojet Power Vision 3 Ecu tuner after researching and realized that if you send your ecu in to get tuned its a generic tune that replaces the vin# and mileage with the machine they made the tune from, also you can change tunes when ever you want, so revert back to stock to have warranty work done. I also had 0 interest in taking ECU out of the machine. With this unit you can tune and be done, or leave it plugged in to the diagnostic port "under the steering wheel" and it will give you real time info on its display screen. Had to het the exhaust to go with the stage 2 tune and theirs only 2 options out there Biggun or evo performance, went with the biggun simply because it was cheaper 325 ebay and its a well known name. Now for the clutch kit from epi i only have 25 inch bear claw htr tires witch are closer to 26" but there heavy so i figured that the 27-28 option would be better then the stock tire kit, hope this was the right call. Let me know what you guys think, any info would be helpful. Have new oem belt to install with it. also ordered the primary clutch removal tool with there clutch compression tool. If anyone wants to work on there clutch and lives around north east pa or southern tier ny pm me i have a decent garage to get the clutch done and save you $$$ not having to buy the special tools. also the 1"3/4 wheel spacers just to fatten her up a bit. Ill be posting videos of the install and my thoughts on everything with a review on youtube when it all arrives and is installed. Good luck guys and keep the cage up lol.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

This user has no status.

Member #
    Nice! What kind of Horse power increase do you expect from the tune?

is I want to go fast

Member #
    its saying 13-14hp to wheels but i guess the BIG difference will be the throttle opening 100% and the axle saver torque limits removed. maybe ill get an additional 1-2 from exhaust so 15ish
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Goider,

Sounds like a good plan. I too put a tune in my 2017 ACE 900XC. I have only went with the generic Dynojet tune that came with the tuner, but it was a huge increase in not having the 74mph governor that the 900XC has. I only got it to 76mph at 3600' altitude, but not having the engine cutting out every 2 seconds for the governor was awesome for racing. I have not looked into BIG GUN (although I have a BIG GUN exhaust on my Bombardier DS650 ATV along with their CDI) for the 900XC, I was looking at Trinity Racing's exhaust or Bikeman Performance's. I haven't pulled the trigger as my engine is being overhauled and Bikeman is terrible at customer service, but I will probably buy one soon. If you can believe Bikeman's performance figures with their tune and exhaust, it shows an increase from 78HP to 96HP and if I add their clutch parts, it pushes it all the way up to 107HP, which is phenomenal for racing. That puts my ACE just below a stock RS1 (110HP) and that would be outstanding.

Good luck with the tunes and would love to hear how it all goes as there are so few people modding their ACEs or actually anyone who even has an ACE.

V22Driver

is in love with speed & power

Member #
    hey groider i got an ace 900sp also and have been thinking its time to get a tune and clutch kit,how do you like yours?

Sponsored Links