Power steering
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Power steering

This is a discussion on Power steering within the ACE Talk forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Thinking of adding power steering to the Ace. Superatv sells a decent looking kit. Anybody have experience with it and how hard to install....

Thread: Power steering

This user has no status.

Member #

Power steering

Thinking of adding power steering to the Ace. Superatv sells a decent looking kit. Anybody have experience with it and how hard to install.

is Sir Stubby to some...

Member #
    Duane and I installed one in his machine about three weeks ago. It is a pretty straightforward install with good instructions. We did have a minor clearence issue with the back of the motor contacting part of the sub frame. A little grinding and paint took care of it in quick order. Taking all of the front plastic body and front cage off seemed to take forever. If you are the least bit inclinded and have a basic working knowledge of tools, by all means go for it. It is not brain surgery, then you can stand back and say "I did that". Duane has a shoulder problem, and seems pleased with the operation of his system.

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    This thread starts off with a steering wheel swap, but then I moved on to a SuperATV power steering unit. Pictures and descriptions of the installation.
    https://www.aceforums.net/forum/30-ac....html#post4127
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok great thanks for the info. My wife had surgery on her shoulder a year ago thought maybe the power steering would help. As far as knowledge of tools I am the head welder for the city of Pittsbugh Water Dept. So I can handle it. Plus my dads a TV Repaiman he's got a cool set of tools, lol.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    EPS will definitely help with shoulder issues. Some people complain that the EPS takes the feedback out of the steering wheel. Yes, yes it does. And that's exactly what other people want.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok great and I just read the thread Scoundrel wrote about the Super Atv kit install. That helps a lot also.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    I said some grumpy things in there in the heat of the moment, but if I had it to do over again, I would.
    The long term benefit far outweighs the short-lived installation hassle.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Sponsored Links