Selling an ACE - nobody wants them? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Selling an ACE - nobody wants them?

This is a discussion on Selling an ACE - nobody wants them? within the ACE Talk forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; FWIW ~ I absolutely LOVE my Ace 900! Polaris sure doesn't sell many Ace's. Yesterday was the first time since owning my Ace,.. that I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Selling an ACE - nobody wants them?

is looking for mud!

Member #
    FWIW ~ I absolutely LOVE my Ace 900!

Polaris sure doesn't sell many Ace's.
    Yesterday was the first time since owning my Ace,.. that I saw another Ace out on the trails.
    Some lady had a 325 Ace. It was good to see.

Now if I could only run across another 900 out on the trails!
    16' ACE 900 SP

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    I'll Bite! What's You Price? And what do you have?
    Hours, Miles, Accessories, the WORKS!

I've got a 1999 Polaris Ranger 6X6 with Maybe 300 hours on it, mostly idling.
    YES, 11 Hours per Year.
    My wife uses it around the yard.
    I bought my ACE, for ME!
    I Buy for ME, without regards to what MAYBE,
    someone else thinks it might be worth a Decade or 2 in the future.
    Yours, Looks SWEET, by the Way.
    Perhaps, My brother might be Interested IF, the price IS Right.
    Sent you a link to my local CL ad. Like I said, my intent wasn't to turn this into a for sale ad. Just venting that these things are tough to sell.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    RZR 1000 seat w/PRP Harness
    Factory doors w/PRP door bags
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

is Danger Close

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Sent you a link to my local CL ad. Like I said, my intent wasn't to turn this into a for sale ad. Just venting that these things are tough to sell.
    Thank You!
    And
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
    Lemme know if you got My PM.
    Last edited by Sled Dog; 07-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Thank You!
    And
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
    Lemme know if you got My PM.
    Yep got it and replied. Thanks
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    Gents,

I too tried to sell mine (all set up for desert racing) and not one bite. I was asking way below asking price and had over $4K in extras, plus set up for racing. My take on why they don't sell is 3 fold: 1) Polaris did/does an absolutely terrible job of promoting them 2) Because of that the aftermarket is almost non-existent 3) The RS1 took the thunder completely away from the ACE and in conjunction with the lack of advertising of the ACE, most dealerships don't even stock them for people to know about. What I am waiting for is Polaris' 2020 lineup to see if they are killing off the ACE brand totally. If I was a betting man, I would put a bundle on Polaris just letting the ACE fade into the sunset and any aftermarket parts that can't be put on other RZRs will be deeply discounted and dealerships will be dumping them for years to come. I have already seen huge discounts on the RS1 that isn't helping sell any ACEs either. Just my $0.02.

Here is what my ACE used to look like before I totally gutted it to remove the engine for overhaul.

V22Driver

Name:  Screamer Racing.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  281.6 KB

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thats a sweet looking little racer there V22driver.

Well, I have one encouraging offer. A guy wants to trade me his clean 05 Sportsman 700 efi plus cash for it. He rolled the Sportsman, not hurting it much at all, but bruised himself up pretty good and his wife told him "you're getting something with a cage!". He is waiting for OHV here in Nevada to send him the title on his. Hopefully it works out. I had one other guy from California that was going to buy it, but that didn't work out because of his personal issues. The bizarre thing is I have never put anything up for sale on the net without at least one lowballer, but none after 3 weeks on 2 different Craigslist and Facebook.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    This is terrible news. I was thinking of trading or selling my Ace 570 for the rs1

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    Maybe I'll just keep it because it's a good machine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    When the ACE 900 SP came out we just happened to be looking at a 570 for my daughters. Then the 900 SP went on sale after the 900 XC release. Bought one, everyone loved it, so we bought another one. Now my girls are set. Almost 2000 miles on each one!! They LOVE the ACES!!! Parents like the roll cages, but the kids are independent. I call it real drivers education!

When people see us on the trials, they are curious because they've never even seen an ACE. They have not sold well in South Louisiana. In fact a couple dealers I've talked too say they had such a hard time selling the ACES they weren't getting any more after they sold what they had.

Fun machine. Not perfect though. Numerous problems with our two and glad we got an extended warranty. Almost a year now without problems though! Fingers crossed! With no competition in this market, we still like the ACES for what we use them for.
    UPfreebird likes this.
    2016 ACE 900 SP (x2)
    2016 RZR S 1000
    2019 Ranger 500

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by highpocket74 View Post
    When the ACE 900 SP came out we just happened to be looking at a 570 for my daughters. Then the 900 SP went on sale after the 900 XC release. Bought one, everyone loved it, so we bought another one. Now my girls are set. Almost 2000 miles on each one!! They LOVE the ACES!!! Parents like the roll cages, but the kids are independent. I call it real drivers education!

When people see us on the trials, they are curious because they've never even seen an ACE. They have not sold well in South Louisiana. In fact a couple dealers I've talked too say they had such a hard time selling the ACES they weren't getting any more after they sold what they had.

Fun machine. Not perfect though. Numerous problems with our two and glad we got an extended warranty. Almost a year now without problems though! Fingers crossed! With no competition in this market, we still like the ACES for what we use them for.
    The guy I got this one from bought it for his 16 year old daughter to ride with him with his 900 Ace. She put 290 miles on it and decided she liked her horse better, so he put it up for sale and I bought, then put a bunch of $$$ into it. This one has has had no problems whatsoever, just a couple of minor things like relatively stiff throttle pedal and somewhat finicky shifter. Both not a big deal.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links