Selling an ACE - nobody wants them?
Close
Login to Your Account
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Selling an ACE - nobody wants them? within the ACE Talk forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; No this is not a for sale ad, just curious if they are selling in your area? I have had mine on Craigslist and FB ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Selling an ACE - nobody wants them?

This user has no status.

Member #

No this is not a for sale ad, just curious if they are selling in your area? I have had mine on Craigslist and FB for a few days with plenty of pictures and not even a lowballer or scammer has contacted me. The FB ad shows over 300 have looked at it, but not a single message. The crazy thing is I live in a huge off-road area in the high Nevada desert. Maybe I priced it too high, but you would think someone would at least ask if its negotiable. I was afraid of this happening when I bought it as they just are not popular. Looks like I may end up almost giving it away even after putting lots of $$$ into it.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    RZR 1000 seat w/PRP Harness
    Factory doors w/PRP door bags
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    Same applies to New Zealand. Most want a two seater ATV or standard quad bike for our hills. I owned a Suzuki Kingquad for about 11 yrs and was in the market for something new when the Ace came along - i liked the size and steering wheel amongst other smaller things. Saying that in some areas our Department of Conservation rangers use the Ace for checking predator traps. Our Health & Safety laws are strict here so the roll cage and seat belt is attractive for their use. Also on a personal level i think Polaris made the Ace with quite a few deficiencies that haven't been sorted in later models? For example 1. you cannot really stack much on the front otherwise your view is seriously restricted and without some weight up front the Ace is rear heavy (on standard quads, the rider is on top of the engine). 2. too much mud/dirt gets into the finer parts of the Ace and takes forever to wash down (quads have huge plastic guards moulded that reduce this and also have more smooth surfaces underneath so washes down easier). 3. The Ace should have been made another 1" or so higher above ground - just catches rocks more than a standard quad hence many users fit lift kits etc. 4. The Ace plastic appears a bit fragile in places - i have a crack on the plastic behind the seat where bolted to the body work - suspect vibration led to this? 5. The stator as most now know was originally placed in a terrible position that led to many failures and Polaris still struggle to relocate in an out of the way spot from mud? This led to users like me using a custom after market supplier to fit higher up.6. Accessories! I have never seen so many accessories for an ATV - front & rear brush bars, front half screen, rock sliders should really be standard not extra? I cracked the plastic underneath so brought the Polaris rock sliders - worked a treat. In NZ we do not spend much on accessories especially the Ace! You will never get a return on what you added unless removing the extras to upgrade on the next model and selling the bare basic Ace? Good luck. Saying all that, i still like my Ace and aside from the lack of that extra 1" or so in height, it does the job when i am out deer hunting as some can see in earlier pics on this forum. Just needs a bit of tender lovin care when back in the shed!
    Kodiak and Insanefreighttrain like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I like my Ace it's a tough machine and been through some treacherous places and goes where Rzrs can go yet fits in the bed of my truck! The front end is light and have been thinking about adding a heavy front bumper to mount the winch up higher onto (about 40#) I think that would be beneficial and just keep riding her.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jljbtm View Post
    I like my Ace it's a tough machine and been through some treacherous places and goes where Rzrs can go yet fits in the bed of my truck! The front end is light and have been thinking about adding a heavy front bumper to mount the winch up higher onto (about 40#) I think that would be beneficial and just keep riding her.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yea, this isn't about liking my machine. I like it just fine, but I just don't use it like I had planned to. I need more of a utility quad I can hop on and off of easily for chores on my property. The Ace with doors and climbing in it behind a steering wheel is a lot more cumbersome to get in and out of. For taking it out on long rides it's great, but I just don't do that any longer. I'm just puzzled there is ZERO interest in it and I have it advertised on two major platforms, dropped the price $900 in two days and not one person interested. It's not like it's beat up with high miles, it only has 685 and loaded with options.
    Insanefreighttrain likes this.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    I really do like my Ace so take what I type with a grain of salt...I see the same thing down here Aces that sit on for sale sites for months with no sale some knocked around with homemade crap bolted off them that look terrible and others that were just used around hobby farms on weekends and the owners are downsizing and moving back to town in great condition.. Some of the local dealers still have 500/570 Aces sitting in their packing crates in storage trying to sell them at around cost which doesn't help the people that paid a premium regardless of size 325/500/570/900 at the time move their second hand units on. One other problem I believe is they should of just picked an engine size and stuck with it and improved everything else around it... is my 325 worthless compared to a second hand 500 or 570 or 900 just because the engine is smaller.. Back in the day the Honda Odyssey started at 250 stayed at 250 with 2 chassis upgrades and then only grew to 350 and finally 400 with the pilot you couldn't buy all four in the same year .. I agree 100 % with what huntsouthnz says they tick heaps of boxes and I too was going to buy another Kingquad when I looked at the Ace it won a huge tick for the roll cage and seat belt. I agree the dumb design stuff they did when they designed mine is still there in the later models they just whacked a bigger engine in the next model and never fixed the stuff that needed sorting. Lack of inner guards , poor storage, no proper parking/emergency brake, the small battery,the rectifier problem the list goes on.... The one seat works against it too at resale time...We joking call it the selfish side by side as a bit of a joke as its only got the one seat I do get that the whole idea of the ace is the single seat and I wasn't planning on carrying passengers when I bought it but I think come resale time its in a huge pool of second hand units atv or utv of all types with extra seats/seating for roughly the same money plus or minus a couple of grand.. Just my thoughts after owning one.. we plan to just keep ours till it falls to dust and get value back for it that way.. I do get what Kodiak is saying about climbing on and out of it trying to do chores around the place its like a team of engineers had a brief to make it awkward to climb into the seat while your muddy boots slide over the floor plates..there is days I just use our 2 wheel farm bike as its just plain easier even if the idea was to have something safer with a cage... Goodluck
    Last edited by Insanefreighttrain; 07-07-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    Kodiak likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I also had a Kingquad before the Ace, a 700 and really liked that thing. Smooth, powerful and comfy. But now after having power steering in the Ace, that is a must in whatever quad I end up with. I don't need one that big now and have my eye on a 2013 Honda 420 Rancher AT EPS. Just hate to buy it and not have the Ace sold to keep peace with the wife.
    2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    I love the Ace for trail riding. The thumb throttle is what got me away from the regular ATV. However, the regular ATV was much better for deer hunting ( going in and bringing one out). There’s always a compromise I guess.
    “I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne

This user has no status.

Member #
    Sold my 2016 Sage Green 330 a little over a month ago. 100% bone stock - looked like new. Had 59 miles and 13 hours. I took a $3400 cash offer.

You will likely need to deeply discount it (stinks), or expand your advertising area (I had ZERO luck with the name brand "ATV" listing service) - wasted my money.

There just happened to be someone in my area looking for this particular machine. Good luck!Name:  IMG_20190401_141956486.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  553.0 KB
    Last edited by OhioAce900SP; 07-07-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Kodiak likes this.
    16 Polaris Ace 900 SP
    16 Polaris RZR 900 Trail
    86 Honda TRX 250R

This user has no status.

Member #
    I did have one guy want to trade me for a 2001 Harley Sportster, but my motorcycle days are done. Besides that, just a scammer and a couple of game players. Nobody even asks if the price is negotiable or makes an offer. It is a sharp super clean Ace with lots of goodies.

2015 570SP
    Toysforbigboys cage
    2" lift
    Aluminum skid plates
    Polaris winch
    2" Wheel spacers
    Factory front bumper
    LED fogs and light bar

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I did have one guy want to trade me for a 2001 Harley Sportster, but my motorcycle days are done. Besides that, just a scammer and a couple of game players. Nobody even asks if the price is negotiable or makes an offer. It is a sharp super clean Ace with lots of goodies.

I'll Bite! What's You Price? And what do you have?
    Hours, Miles, Accessories, the WORKS!

I've got a 1999 Polaris Ranger 6X6 with Maybe 300 hours on it, mostly idling.
    YES, 11 Hours per Year.
    My wife uses it around the yard.
    I bought my ACE, for ME!
    I Buy for ME, without regards to what MAYBE,
    someone else thinks it might be worth a Decade or 2 in the future.
    Yours, Looks SWEET, by the Way.
    Perhaps, My brother might be Interested IF, the price IS Right.
    Last edited by Sled Dog; 07-07-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links