Ace 325 superior gearing
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Ace 325 superior gearing

This is a discussion on Ace 325 superior gearing within the ACE Talk forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Why is the 325 white lightning ace is considered by the experts to have far superior gearing and in many cases outperforms the bigger aces-------would ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skipper

Thread: Ace 325 superior gearing

This user has no status.

Member #

Ace 325 superior gearing

Why is the 325 white lightning ace is considered by the experts to have far superior gearing and in many cases outperforms the bigger aces-------would someone explain the , why this is so!!!

is Retired and lovin' it!!!

Member #
    As an owner of the Ace 325, I believe it's not superior gearing , but a combination of the high rpm 325 engine and the GEARING. Polaris got the combination of the two RIGHT. Have had the 325 since March of 2014 and after 2000 miles, goes as strong now as when new.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Experts?
    Superior gearing?
    There is nothing superior about the 325 gearing.
    The 325 doesn't outperform the larger ones.
    Vehicles are geared different ways for different uses.
    The Ace 325 and 570 and 900 are geared for average all around use.
    The narrow ones are geared in low range for tight twisty trail use
    The 900 XC is geared for more speed in low range.
    The smaller motors are geared lower according to the torque and horsepower output and the rpm range.
    The 325 gearsets are popular for swapping into the larger RZRS because they allow the use of much larger tires and still keep the motor and clutching in the correct rpm range and for slower running on tight trails.
    The RZR 1000 XP is geared too high for eastern tight slow trails and large tires, hence the use of lower gearing.
    Last edited by rockman; 02-03-2020 at 05:14 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have owned 6 polaris--2 rzr and 4aces------the 2014 325 white lightning is the toughrst quickest up to about 30--35 mph-----not too shabby after that!!----i like it far better than my 570----or the 800
    rmorgan84a and aussie ace like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    A guy in our group has a 325 and while my 570 doesn't blow him away the 325 is really no match for the 570 and he's lighter than I am too

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member
    is an Online Super Store

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    The 325 gearsets are popular for swapping into the larger RZRS because they allow the use of much larger tires and still keep the motor and clutching in the correct rpm range and for slower running on tight trails.
    The RZR 1000 XP is geared too high for eastern tight slow trails and large tires, hence the use of lower gearing.
    ^^ This. 100%
    The Ace 325 gearset swap is a pretty standard gear reduction mod for RZR's and Rangers that want lower gearing for mud, rock crawling, and running bigger tires. There are tons of GR options that can be swapped around to achieve specific amounts of reduction in H and L, but the Ace 325 is a simple standard that offers about 12% reduction across H and L. Basically, its taking a machine that came with stock 28" tires, and gearing it down to run 32"s at the same stock performance without having to mess with clutching.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have owned 6 polaris--2 rzr and 4aces------the 2014 325 white lightning is the toughrst quickest up to about 30--35 mph-----not too shabby after that!!----i like it far better than my 570----or the 800
    I can only assume you are joking or delusional.
    I have ridden all the ACES, 325, 570, 900 narrow, and the900 XC. All were new vehicles at the dealer and no, the 325 is the slowest and they get quicker right up the line with more horsepower.
    There is no 800 ACE.
    If your 325 is quicker then it is runs extremely well for a 325 and there is something wrong with the others.

This user has no status.

Member #
    All you guys think is speed! Speed!!!! Speed !!!!!---if i wanted a dragster i would buy a dragster!!!!!!----how many of you spend 89% of riding time full throttle???-------the lower speeds are where i spend 99% of my time000between 10 and 35mph!!!!9n that range the 325 ace is unmatched!!!!----imho!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    All you guys think is speed! Speed!!!! Speed !!!!!---if i wanted a dragster i would buy a dragster!!!!!!----how many of you spend 89% of riding time full throttle???-------the lower speeds are where i spend 99% of my time000between 10 and 35mph!!!!9n that range the 325 ace is unmatched!!!!----imho!!!
    I don’t see any replies regarding speed, your 325 is a very nice Machine that performs well and I’m glad you’re happy with it. You’re correct! Most of us spend our time at those lower speeds and if you think your 325 is the best thing out there or than good for you.

Sponsored Links