In for service!
Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Polaris ACE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

In for service!

This is a discussion on In for service! within the ACE Talk forums, part of the Polaris ACE Forums category; Had to take our Ace in for service again. This time the brake pressure sensor switch went bad and wasn't allowing it turn over every ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: In for service!

This user has no status.

Member #

In for service!

Had to take our Ace in for service again. This time the brake pressure sensor switch went bad and wasn't allowing it turn over every time you pushed the brake in to start it. We came home from riding Saturday and I washed both atv's off and put them in the garage and came out the next morning and nothing...wouldn't turn over. It was 10 degree's outside so I turned on the heater in the garage for about 2 hours and came out and it started fine. I let it warm up and took a short ride around the neighborhood and came back and put it back in the garage and thought everything would be fine. I got up the next morning and the same thing, wouldn't turn over. I took it into dealer that day and they found that water was frozen in the sensor and wire clip so they dried it out and put grease around it and said it was ok. Drove home, got in it to pull it off the trailer and same thing, wouldn't turn over. Drove it right back to dealer pushed it off the trailer and said don't call me until you are sure you have it fixed. Called me yesterday and said it was the sensor and Polaris is going to ship a new one to them. They said all problems are reported to Polaris and they look at them and decide if there is a need for a recall on that issue. I sure think they need to put a rubber boot over the wire and sensor to stop water from getting into those parts and freezing. Hope the down time won't be long since most of any parts are not available for it. Guess this is what we go through when the first model comes out.

is “Anyone can be an ACE:
    Attitude + Commitment =
    Excellence”

Member #
    Not the kind of threads we enjoy reading. Hope they get it figured out fast.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone in case yours don't start either if you get it wet and freezes up. The dealer just took a paper clip and stuck into the wires to jumper it and got it started. I am going add one in my tool kit just in case!!
    cumminsdieselgt and McAttk like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AceForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    is looking forward to the next
    ride.

Member #
    That's a known issue with the RZR line-up.
    I'm very surprised that Polaris didn't solve that with the ACE, because when poking around my ACE, I noticed a lot of other small things that Polaris seems to have learned from the RZR series and got right in the ACE.
    Idahopilgrim likes this.
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    -=-=-=-
    Check out my UTV Guide to Washington State at http://www.utvadventuresllc.com!
    -=-=-=-

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by extremegsxr View Post
    Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone in case yours don't start either if you get it wet and freezes up. The dealer just took a paper clip and stuck into the wires to jumper it and got it started. I am going add one in my tool kit just in case!!
    Where is that switch located? I know where it is in my RZR but am having trouble finding it in my ACE.
    BTW, I never had a problem with mine but it rarely gets that cold here.

It's useful to know about it and be prepared to jumper it if needed, but only if we can find it!
    ------------------
    I sold my ACE and am no longer a moderator on this forum. In fact I'm not participating on this forum at all. Sending me questions about my previous signatures is not likely to generate a response. But if you ask your question to the forum publicly, I'm sure you'll get what you need.
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    It is located on the front right side right behind the radiator if your looking in from under the front fender. Follow the front brake line to a block with a 2 wire sensor on it. If mine wasn't in the shop I could post a picture of it....when I get it back I can or if someone else finds it they can. Just a little rubber boot over it would help out for us that ride in the freezing conditions.
    Idahopilgrim and McAttk like this.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Got it, thank you.
    That's a much better location than the RZR. In the RZR, there is a brake line junction on the floor under the seat, with the brake sensor switch sticking out of it.
    That switch regularly gets immersed in water and gets all muddy. A lot of guys moved it or jumped it for that reason. I never had a problem with it myself.
    This one is at least fairly high up.

But I think that a rubber boot over it would just collect and hold water, since it is mounted horizontally, and the problem would remain.
    Without a boot, it can drain if the water does not freeze first.
    That's a tough one to resolve for extreme weather.

I just smeared some waterproof silicone grease on mine as a preventative step against corrosion.
    It rarely freezes around here, so most likely won't be a problem for me.

Name:  BrakeSensorSwitch.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  581.8 KB
    Name:  BrakeSensorSwitch2.jpg
Views: 3384
Size:  550.1 KB
    Name:  BrakeSensorSwitch3.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  389.1 KB
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

This user has no status.

Member #
    That's it...thanks for posting the pics!!
    Idahopilgrim likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by extremegsxr View Post
    Had to take our Ace in for service again. This time the brake pressure sensor switch went bad and wasn't allowing it turn over every time you pushed the brake in to start it. We came home from riding Saturday and I washed both atv's off and put them in the garage and came out the next morning and nothing...wouldn't turn over. It was 10 degree's outside so I turned on the heater in the garage for about 2 hours and came out and it started fine. I let it warm up and took a short ride around the neighborhood and came back and put it back in the garage and thought everything would be fine. I got up the next morning and the same thing, wouldn't turn over. I took it into dealer that day and they found that water was frozen in the sensor and wire clip so they dried it out and put grease around it and said it was ok. Drove home, got in it to pull it off the trailer and same thing, wouldn't turn over. Drove it right back to dealer pushed it off the trailer and said don't call me until you are sure you have it fixed. Called me yesterday and said it was the sensor and Polaris is going to ship a new one to them. They said all problems are reported to Polaris and they look at them and decide if there is a need for a recall on that issue. I sure think they need to put a rubber boot over the wire and sensor to stop water from getting into those parts and freezing. Hope the down time won't be long since most of any parts are not available for it. Guess this is what we go through when the first model comes out.
    Polaris is known for letting the public test there units for them. You would think that they would have things pretty dialed in before sending them out.

Supporting Member
    ride.

Member #
    Whether that's true or fair or not, you gotta admit that it is a pretty unusual circumstance, water getting into that switch and then freezing and forcing the switch apart before it has a chance to drain/dry out.
    Kind of an extreme condition, I'd say.
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 03-06-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links