Polaris ACE Forum banner

Headlights and Lightbar for 900XC

12K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  stainlessman 
#1 ·
Hi,

Couple of questions around getting more light out in front of me...

1) Have any of you converted your halogen headlights to LED? Did you just replace the bulb or can you suggest a full on headlight unit replacement? I wonder if the headlights in the ACE 900XC are the same as another Polaris model, perhaps a RZR?

2) Lightbars, what did you go with and what mount did you use and would recommend?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Professor Fate,

I actually did both. I originally converted my ACE 900XC large plastic lights to LED lightbulbs and they were okay, but in the long run I added some microtuning LED lights that were MUCH brighter. I also mounted a LED lightbar (single row LED aftermarket bought off amazon for $52) of under the roll cage (aftermarket cage) to give me another 8200 lumens of light to go with the 5400 lumens I got with the microtuning lights.

Hope that helps,

V22Driver Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#10 ·
Professor Fate,

I actually did both. I originally converted my ACE 900XC large plastic lights to LED lightbulbs and they were okay, but in the long run I added some microtuning LED lights that were MUCH brighter. I also mounted a LED lightbar (single row LED aftermarket bought off amazon for $52) of under the roll cage (aftermarket cage) to give me another 8200 lumens of light to go with the 5400 lumens I got with the microtuning lights.

Hope that helps,

V22Driver View attachment 29848
I like those headlights. How involved is the wiring to install those? I basically know nothing about wiring.

#4 · (Edited)
mkvien, thanks... that's what I needed to know. I figured Polaris would not make a unique one for the ACE 900XC. Now just to look and see what's available. if I find something I will post my finding.

V22Driver, wow what an awesome machine! Very functional yet tasteful upgrades. On the lightbar from Amazon, could you give me more details or a link? And how did you mount it? Are the headlight LED's from Microtuning mounted to a sheet of PCV? They look sharp.

Last week in Moab...
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire Sky

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Transport

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system

#5 ·
Prof,

Thanks, I have done a lot of mods to get my ACE up to speed to compete. It has been stressful at times, but fun when you look back. Got me to the championship this year, so I must have done something right.

I mounted the microtuning LED lights on a flat piece of 3/16" UHMW plastic that I had left over from the doors. Unfortunately, the right light broke the mount during the V2R in August and I have to come up with a new mount, but they worked and I was mistaken on the lumens. They are 3600lm (I think that is for both together) so I have over 11000lm with the light bar. They came out nice, but I am not sure I like the setback hole, but I didn't have a lot of time to come up with a mount. I will probably change those in the future. Here is the link to these lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07847SGY9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also mounted a piece of clear plastic over the front of them to prevent any rocks (I get roosted by the m/c classes regularly) from cracking the glass.

The LED light bar is mounted with 2 of these 1.75" mounts from GS Power (their service/support is outstanding): https://www.amazon.com/GS-Power-Bra..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=8P50VAK0RXAF5KVVHWFW I will take a picture of the mount and post it.

Here is the link to the actual lightbar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016KD8XQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is a 25" lightbar and it made it through 530 miles of the V2R race (not that I have needed it) and still turns on. I only used it to get to the start line in the morning and didn't need it since I finished the race before it got dark.

Hope all the links worked, but if they didn't, let me know and I will see what I can do.

V22Driver

#6 ·
i mounted my light bar up front on the storage lid i used super atv 12" light bar and their curved mounting brackets.. im happy with it. it stays out of the way, isnt overhead to provide a glare and is alot better than stock, as for headlights ... on omy old ace i bought a cheap HID plug and play set off ebay and they were 100 times brighter .. if i upgrade the XC headlights i will go this route,, but as of now the light bar is plenty Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#7 ·
i mounted my light bar up front on the storage lid i used super atv 12" light bar and their curved mounting brackets.. im happy with it. it stays out of the way, isnt overhead to provide a glare and is alot better than stock, as for headlights ... on omy old ace i bought a cheap HID plug and play set off ebay and they were 100 times brighter .. if i upgrade the XC headlights i will go this route,, but as of now the light bar is plenty View attachment 29856
Sporty,

Do you mind if I ask you a question about how you mounted your light bar? Is it on mounted on the top of the storage lid or in front? I like this location but I'm planning on getting some Rotopax tanks and I'd like to have both. Do you have any up close pictures?

Airew

#8 ·
Hi Airew, I have the dual Rotopax mounts and got a 10" lightbar for Christmas. Have yet to mount it but I am planning to use the bumper mount locations (see white arrows). Looks like that will work but it's got to get above freezing before I try installing it!
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Automotive tire

#9 ·
Hi Airew, I have the dual Rotopax mounts and got a 10" lightbar for Christmas. Have yet to mount it but I am planning to use the bumper mount locations (see white arrows). Looks like that will work but it's got to get above freezing before I try installing it!
View attachment 29982
That's great professor. Please post pictures when you get that done along with comments. Love the Viper.

#11 ·
SDSpanks,

I'm not the greatest wiring expert either, but it wasn't too bad. The only thing that sucked was I had to purchase (and finding the part took a lot of research) the connector that would go right into the polaris wiring harness for the OEM lights. Once I got that, it was simple. I just suck at crimping the wires because I don't have a crimping tool yet. I need to redo the connectors. The bad part was mounting the lights to the plastic. I tried to use the standard light points, but had to modify a third holding point and it didn't work so good during the Vegas to Reno race as my right light fell down when it broke thru the plastic. I need to come up with an new setup, but I have other priorities that are higher up the food chain right now.

Sporty061200r/Professor Fate,

The mount spots you guys are calling bumper mounts, aren't they right on the radiator mounts and don't look very strong. Because when I was making my bumper I thought about using those, but they look really weak so that if my bumper hits something, it won't bend the bumper, it will bend the radiator supports and then it will be big bucks to repair it. I guess if the bumper has the side bars that Sporty's bumper has that will take a lot of the shock also.

V22Driver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.