Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 12" LED light bar for my daughters Ace.
I am looking for mounting ideas.
I bought it at my local dealer for a price I could not pass up.
They suggested I mount it to the plastic top.
I would prefer to mount it more securely.
I would also prefer to mount it up higher rathe than lower.
Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help and advice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A 12 ' light bar should fit on the brush guard with no problem (if you have one). I was able to mount 2 4" spots and then decided to add a flood in between them for more light. Works fine ! Makes the stock lights seem very poor since using the LED lights

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a 12" LED light bar for my daughters Ace.
I am looking for mounting ideas.
I bought it at my local dealer for a price I could not pass up.
They suggested I mount it to the plastic top.
I would prefer to mount it more securely.
I would also prefer to mount it up higher rathe than lower.
Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help and advice.
I think the brushguard is a good spot too. If you want it high up you can bolt a strip of metal across the roll cage just under the roof and mount it there too.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I would never put it above my head, as it then becomes a "wall of light" and will reduce your night vision and create big problems for others around you at night. In law enforcement we use the wall of light to purposely blind folks and make ourselves invisible, but often times it backfires as they get out of the wall and our night vision is ruined for several minutes. Putting the lights on the front brush guard, below your line of vision is much better for your vision and will not cause any problems for others at night.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are right, don't want to blind others and these are not trail lights when mounted higher up. But you said you wanted to mount them higher up? I use mine for plowing so the lower positions are not an option, they just get covered with snow buildup in the big storms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts