Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might just be me, but it seems the fan comes on way too much? I go up into the hills on some pretty bad roads, but the incline is not so much to cause this thing to have the fan come on and off constantly. I even noticed when on a level road at fairly high speed, when I stop, a moment later the fan comes on. Is this the way they are or is something not quite right? Yes, the radiator is full. The outside air temp was maybe 55-60.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Polaris Ace 570 EPS
92 Posts
I watch me engine temps all the time and my fan comes on at 200 degrees. Change your dash reading to watch your engine temps and note when your fan comes on

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds normal really - like pgiannetto suggests, push the dash button until you get the temp reading and leave in this mode so you can see what temp the fan kicks in. On my Polaris it is usually around 94 deg C when working hard even going slow in AWD low gear. It is part of the Ace set up from Polaris. Though it would be more ideal if the temp didn't get so high in the first place for the fan to kick in! On other quads and such like Honda or Suzuki, some circulate more oil instead of running a radiator and seem to have more control on engine temp? When i am away in the mountains over multiple days i always change between temp and battery as these two readings are the most important to me if something may go wrong. Having a second VR stator fitted is also very helpful back up option.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2015 570 ACE and 900 Rzr trail. The fans on both come on regularly unless it is really cool and I am doing 30 mph. Even in the cold weather, if just idling, the fans will come on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It might just be me, but it seems the fan comes on way too much? I go up into the hills on some pretty bad roads, but the incline is not so much to cause this thing to have the fan come on and off constantly. I even noticed when on a level road at fairly high speed, when I stop, a moment later the fan comes on. Is this the way they are or is something not quite right? Yes, the radiator is full. The outside air temp was maybe 55-60.
You got to remember these are not air-cooled engines. It could be 0° out and the fan is going to come on eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts