Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I get to pick it up in the morning. Bought this for my kid in march I think, 2014 330 model. 2nd round of mods are 6" Catvos lift, Catvos radius cage, clutch kit Catvos also installed, not sure what they used. Running 30" silverbacks that was previously on it. Still need to install his light bar and the wet sounds sound bar.
View attachment 2818 View attachment 2819

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow, this thing is really neat. It's really an eye catcher. I like the angles they took when cutting the roll bar. This might be the one I like the most of the heavily modified ACEs posted on this site.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well I get to pick it up in the morning. Bought this for my kid in march I think, 2014 330 model. 2nd round of mods are 6" Catvos lift, Catvos radius cage, clutch kit Catvos also installed, not sure what they used. Running 30" silverbacks that was previously on it. Still need to install his light bar and the wet sounds sound bar.
View attachment 2818 View attachment 2819
I just don't see it. Take a perfectly good ACE and make it into a machine that is good for basically jumping in a mudhole and that's it. Now if it was made exclusively for the mud which I think it was then good job, but for me I'd rather have a machine that has multiple uses and where I ride I would be turning this ACE over in the first 15 minutes, and those snorkles wont help when its on it's roof. For a mud only machine it looks great. Hope your kid enjoys it

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly I could see ur point of view if you've never driven a big SxS. These big machines are pretty stable and still ride good. For the majority of the trails in the south, if u put it on the roof that quick then u likely have no business driving. He'll have many good hours of trail riding just like he has had in stock form. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it looks amazing great job! I would love to see more detailed pics of the front and rear suspension if you dont mind! I do mostly mud riding too and was looking at the 30 inch silverbacks too. I was curious as to How well the little 330 handles the big tire? Does it have the power to turn them when ur stuck in a hole or will she just crap out? If you dont mind i would like your opinion before i spend all that money? Thanx!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only went with the silverbacks because my buddy had them laying around. Good pulling tire but rough and usually don't measure out true size. It pulls it good. Definitely not a power house but it does well enough. The clutch kit should help a lot. I'll get better pics this afternoon when I pic it up. Yes all suspension is new and extended. They said the rear axle is the same as a stock xp900 rear. Should be about the same size all around as a rzr s with a 3-5 lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Honestly I could see ur point of view if you've never driven a big SxS. These big machines are pretty stable and still ride good. For the majority of the trails in the south, if u put it on the roof that quick then u likely have no business driving. He'll have many good hours of trail riding just like he has had in stock form. Thanks
That is the perspective that is so often lost in these internet forum discussions.
There are so many different terrain types and personal preferences involved that it's really not a great idea for one person who lives near and rides in certain terrain types to say yay or nay on something like this, not knowing the full situation of the person who did it.

This type of machine is not my thing, and it wouldn't work where I live, with the crazy steep mountainsides and huge boulders and rutted out areas, where a machine like this might tip over pretty easily, and then just keep rolling down the mountain until it hit a tree. But I understand that in certain places in the south, a great deal of the riding opportunities are bayous, mud bogs, etc. My mountain trail machine wouldn't do well in situations like that. Same with dune machines; they're not really my thing, but for some riders, duning is everything and they rarely ride anywhere else. And my machine is not set up for dunes.

I think it's an attractive machine, and I can see its purpose, and as long is it works well in your mud bugs and everywhere else you and your son like to ride, more power to you. That looks like a pretty expensive makeover and I hope you enjoy it every penny's worth. I wouldn't ever have my machine done up like that, but then you didn't spend my money, did you? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Only have one short video I took of him crosing a creek. Didnt get much ride time cause he was sick while I was home. Managed to get a couple hours right after a rain. Cant figure out how to get this video to load.
Tried to catch this rainbow right after the rain.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That is one super nice looking ACE! Great job!

Reactions: Dgandy
1 - 20 of 25 Posts