Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 325 and am worried about the steering, it is extremely loose. When driven it feels very unstable and no force feed back from the road it is that easy to turn the wheel. My question is, is this an issue with the ace in general or has anyone else encountered the same situation, and if so what was the fix.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 325 does not have power steering so is stock and its not very hard to turn the wheel to make it steer so I never bothered installing a kit. It drives like its on rails it does not pull left or right there is almost zero play in anything related to the steering. I would maybe suggest jacking up your ace at the front and start looking to make sure things like tie rod ends are still ok and wheel bearings are not flogged out. Check the top of the struts and any other place that moves in relation to the steering or front suspension.. Also the steering rack might have play in it.. Does it have a lift kit or has someone messed with the toe in or out of the steering. It could have a bent steering arm if a wheel has clipped a rock or something similar. Even tire type and tire pressure could make it handle poorly. Check the back suspension arms and make sure the little bushes are still in good order and the joints out at the end of them near the wheel something at that end might be loose and worn making it feel less than happy on the road as well. See how you go and let us know what you find goodluck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts